Selective cookie cleaning command

Quisquose

I have both Firefox and Waterfox on my system, and I want them managed and cleaned totally independently of each other. I've achieved this by creating a winapp1.ini file where each browser has it's own set of settings that doesn't interfere with the other browser.

This works well for instances where files simply need to be deleted (because different paths can be specified for each browser). However, for cookie cleaning the default built-in CCleaner method doesn't just delete the entire cookie file, but rather it retains certain cookies in accordance with the user-specified settings on the CCleaner > Options > Cookies page (so that important cookies don't get deleted while unimportant ones are removed).

The internal CCleaner command for this is: 

SpecialKey1=N_MOZ_COOKIES

Is it possible to use this command (or something similar) for each browser independently so that it does not affect both browsers at the same time? It seems to me that it is probably hard-coded to only work with Firefox (or any other browser specified using   CustomLocation1=  in the ccleaner.ini file).

Is there a way that I can achieve this cookie selective cleaning (instead of total deletion) for just Waterfox, without it also affecting my Firefox install?

Thanks

• Moderators

Sounds kind of complex to distinguish, but you could try with the Cookies to Keep list, in:
Options > Cookies

Then again, if you used one browser as installed, and perhaps another as a portable if one is available (or from PortableApps if they have a portable version) perhaps you can separate them. I don't know off hand because I always nuke all cookies.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

To clarify, I am not trying to keep different sets of cookies for each browser (the retained cookies will be the same for both browsers as determined by the list in Options Cookies). I just want to be able to decide which browser to clean and when, rather than selecting one checkbox for Firefox and then CCleaner deleting cookies from every single mozilla browser on my system (which is what happens if you use CustomLocation in CCleaner.ini).