CCleaner Professional

I've installed Ccleaner Professional on my PC which has been updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, updating supplied free of charges from Microsoft..

At CCleaner properties I cannot find the compatibility with Windows 10 but only with Windows 7. Ccleaner works, but how can I make it wworking with windows 10?

Thanks for an answer?

• Moderators

I'm not sure just what you are meaning by "CCleaner Properties", are you meaning compatibility mode in the Windows properties dialogue?

There is no "Properties" in CCleaner, but it should tell you at the top which OS version it thinks that you have-

image.png

If yours is not saying Windows 10 then-

When, and exactly how, did you upgrade to Windows 10?
(When, and they way, you did it could make a difference).

ie. Did you use the Upgrade Assistant? or Did you burn an installation CD or make an installation USB?
Did you do a completely new install or did you save your previous files and programmes?

Did you have CCleaner on the machine before the upgrade?

Sorry for all the questions but the answers may help us work out what it is that you are seeing.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

CCleaner is compatible with the current release of Windows 10 as of CCleaner 5.46 and above.  That said, if you are on anything other than the latest version of CCleaner (5.62) you may find that it is not cleaning everything as well as it should, as there have been quite a few cleaning rule updates and additions in the past 16 versions.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes