Latest Update V5.62.7538 Different Format on PC and Laptop [Health Check]

atttim

1. Downloaded the latest PRO update on both my PC and Laptop

2. Main page format on PC same as before update eg. on LH menu bar Easy Clean, Custom Clean, Registry, etc

3. BUT on Laptop now after update LH menu bar now : +Health Check, Custom Clean, Registry, etc and bottom of page after Active Health Check, 4 Boxes appear at the bottom of the page:

1.PRIVICY 2. SPACE, 3. SPEED, 4. SECURITY  It tells me I am OFFLINE and I am not,  but boxes 3&4 are dark in colour and cannot be activated

4. I really don't understand what this format is about as it requires so many extra keyboard activations to do a SCAN compared to the version on the previous upgrade and the latest upgrade that is on my PC

NOTE: Both these Versions are showing V5.62.7538 yet use a different format !!

5. I want minimum clicks to start a SCAN, how can I install the version I have on my PC even tho its telling me its the same version as the Laptop with the new different format ??

CONFUSED .COM !!

Edited by atttim
Incorret Version shown

• Moderators

Looks like you are part of the latest trial which offers a Health Check.

I do understand how this can be annoying and confusing.

You  could always just uninstall and download a new installer.. you may get lucky and get a one without the health check :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Here is an online write up by a third party site of the new Health Check feature.

https://techdows.com/2019/10/exclusive-first-look-at-ccleaner-health-check-feature.html

Must admit I don't think it's something I would use at the moment.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
9 hours ago, hazelnut said:

You  could always just uninstall and download a new installer.. you may get lucky and get a one without the health check :)

I believe that if you download the Standard v5.62 installer from the 'Builds' Page then it will not yet include the new Health Check feature. (Although it will be in future versions).
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

If you use the regular download page then you may (or may not) be given a 5.62 version with Health Check included as an advanced preview.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

nukecad …… followed your link to the Builds page and downloaded …….Installs with  the horrid Health Check feature yet again.

I also downloaded from Your (My )Licence Key Request Form download link for my Pro licence key and this also installs the horrid Health Check Feature …..

Can I go anywhere on CCLeaner Support to speak to Ccleaner Staff and get a defo answer if I can return to non Health Check Format …..can you provide a link pse ??

• Moderators

Mmm.

It may be that the first install with health check has set a registry entry which also triggers it in the later download.

(I recall similar when Quick/Easy clean was being trialed, I could turn it on and off by changing a reg entry).

I've not seen Health Check yet other than screenshots, but suspect it may be being "previewed" in the same way. I'm not at home at the moment but when I am I'll have a search of my registry to see what I can find.

If you uninstall CC and then reinstall from the builds that may get rid of it for now.

As you have a pro version you can raise it with support (sorry can't link from this phone) but TBH just like Easy Clean did, Health Check is coming and everyone will get it, probably with v5.63?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

Health Check is essentially the next generation of EasyClean, which also incorporates additional CCleaner functions into a single flow. In 5.62 a preview version is going out to a small percentage of users with a full rollout (most likely with some additional tweaks based on user feedback) planned in an upcoming release. 

Note that the first time you use Health Check there are a few extra screens to click through before cleaning/tuning starts as it runs through an explanation of what it is to first-time users.  This one-time introduction should not repeat on subsequent uses and you can go straight to the analyse and clean operations.

As with EasyClean, many users are finding this a more convenient way to clean and also like the all-in-one approach to cleaning, improving startup speed and running Software updater, rather than hopping around different parts of the CCleaner console to accomplish all of these.  Also as with EasyClean, we expect that some users will want to stick with the familiar way of doing things, so the traditional cleaning (retronymed to "Custom Clean") and other functions will remain available to those who prefer that experience.

For version 5.62 the Health Check preview flag is in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Piriform\CCleaner and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Piriform\CCleaner as "(Cfg)HealthCheck".  "1" is on and "0" is off.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to Latest Update V5.62.7538 Different Format on PC and Laptop [Health Check]

Thanks for that, I repeatedly have to click through the extra cleaning screens to get a cleaning scan before it cleans, and when its completed its scanned, first two new boxes show what its picked up but the 3 & 4 box is a dark shade and the page tells me I am offline which I am NOT.

Also it shows under Options>License Info>Auto Extension> ENABLED, and also the page Manage Subscription>Auto Extension> ENABLED  even though I activate the Disable option !! I even got an  email telling me its DISABLED but it still tells me in above two places that its NOT Disabled ??

I'm sure this is not meant to happen  !! ??

• Admin

@atttim: Looks like there may be two separate matters here.

With regards to your licence I note that you have two separate 1PC CCleaner licences.  There is one ending with a key ending with QZPC that expires in March 2020 with subscription switched off and another that ends with WZPC that expires in September 2020 which does have a subscription active.  I assume that you are using one licence key on your laptop and the other on your desktop PC?  You should see Auto-Extension enabled for one and disabled for the other. 

With regards to HealthCheck, I take it that this is what you are seeing:

image.png

Does the Software Updater (under the Tools menu) still work for you at the moment? Would your have set up any firewall rules that might be blocking CCleaner functionality?  Specifically the  healthcheck.ccleaner.com web service?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Licence :

Yes I have 2 licences : QZPC on PC Sub SW OFF ….No Problems

WZPC on LAPTP  showing subscription SW ON but I have activated the SW OFF Mode, and got an email from Cleverbridge  REF No : 146065063 Subscription Cancelled Oc7 2019 But it still shows ENABLED on my system which you have noticed also. I want it to show my Subscription SW OFF !!

Health Check:

Yes those are the boxes of which I have 2 activated , 2 not activated.

Also shown above those boxes  is writing saying I appear To Be Offline  which I am NOT

As requested, when I go to Tools Menu and actvicate UPDATE the page appears, but the pages are clear of any infomation AND on the RH side of the page the UPDATE Box its greyed out and cant be activated.

I hope this helps ?