Ewido version 4.0

Normandie

• Moderators

Hello Normandie,

Just had a look and my ewido is listed under untilities in applications,, but as anti-malware. ( I did uninstall 3.5 first and use ccleaner issues)

As you know it's now ewido ant-spyware, so I'm not sure which one is listed in mine!

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hello Normandie,

Just had a look and my ewido is listed under untilities in applications,, but as anti-malware. ( I did uninstall 3.5 first and use ccleaner issues)

As you know it's now ewido ant-spyware, so I'm not sure which one is listed in mine!

hazelnut,

I had 3.5 installed and it showed up under applications. Before I installed 4.0 (anti-spyware), I uninstalled 3.5 & I ran CCleaner and deleted all references and then (maybe I was dumb, this happens to me :blink: ) I went into the registry and deleted all references to ewido 3.5, (I am sometimes to thorough) then installed 4.0 and it does not show up now in CCleaner. Of course all the directories are different now that it is 4.0 anti-spayware. Don't know if that is the reason or I just made a really BIG mistake.

Thanks for the response & have a good day,

Normandie

Cannot see how you could have made that big of a mistake!! I have the plus version by the way. We will wait and see if others on the forum have it listed in applications :)

Maybe, I was tooooo thorough, which I doubt, but things do happen :rolleyes: oh well, I guess I will live if it does not clean out the ewido files ;)

Have a good day,

Normandie

The ini files need to be updated is all.

I am affraid to attempt that, is there a code that I can add to the winapp2.ini file and if so what would that be? As I said that is beyond my league.

Thanks,

Normandie

• Moderators

Open winapp.ini (not winapp2.ini) and search for Ewido, then paste this as the last line:

FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0|logfile.txt

It should now look like this when finished:

[Ewido Anti-Malware (Log)]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKLM\Software\ewido

Default=True

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Ewido\Security Suite|logfile.txt

FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Ewido Anti-Malware|logfile.txt

Open winapp.ini (not winapp2.ini) and search for Ewido, then paste this as the last line:

LangSecRef=3024

Default=True

Andavari,

Thanks so very much I tried what you said, still did not show up in the list of applications, so I took a chance and looked in the registry with regedit and found the CCleaner options and all the apps were listed there with their value of "true" or "flase" but "ewido", it was not there at all. I do not know how to add it so I have done nothing else so far.

I tried an uninstall and reinstall of CCleaner and the vlaues for ewido were still not in the registry.

Thanks,

Normandie

• Moderators

Thank you Andavari, I have done that.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

LangSecRef=3024

Default=True

Andavari,

Here is all that I have done, I will try to put them in order so that they make sense:

1. I had Ewido 3.5 installed. At this point it was listed with CCleaner.

2. I uninstalled ewido 3.5

3. Ran CCleaner to get rid of the trash.

4. Opened the registry with regedit, looked for all references to "ewido" and deleted them. I wanted to make sure when I installed version 4 that there were no left overs that would cause problems.

5. At this point it was no longer listed in CCleaner

6. Installed ewido 4.0 and it is of course still not listed in CCleaner.

7. I added the line you mentioned above, still not listed in CCleaner.

8. Looked in the registry and under "options" for CCleaner I see all my apps with either a "ture" or "false" but ewido is not there.

9. Uninstalled CCleaner, reinstalled CCleaner. Repeted Steps 7 & 8 same result.

I guess I tried to be toooo thorough and careful and I have caused myself problems. :angry:

Not sure if any of this will help to solve the problem, but at least here it is.

Thanks again,

Normandie

• Moderators

I'm going to PM MrG with a separate Ewido Anti-Spyware cleaning routine (of course to cover all the previous named incarnations 'Security Suite', 'Anti-Malware'), because I just noticed a growing error.txt file in its folder about it not being able to contact the update server. I can only imagine it will become bloated over time. Hopefully he'll be able to include it in the next version of CC.

LangSecRef=3024

Default=True

Andavari,

I finally figured it out. The line:

needs to be:

Detect=HKLM\Software\ewido anti-spyware

I looked in the registry and it is no longer listed as just "ewido", but but "ewido anti-spyware"

Once I made that change it shows up again.

Thanks for all your help,

Normandie

• Moderators

Yeah, I noticed that new regkey in the registry so perhaps I goofed in sending the updated winapp.ini entry to MrG this early because I have both of these in the registry (mind you I didn't do a thorough cleaning of v3.5 I just uninstalled it and rebooted):

HKLM\Software\ewido

HKLM\Software\ewido anti-spyware

Yeah, I noticed that new regkey in the registry so perhaps I goofed in sending the updated winapp.ini entry to MrG this early because I have both of these in the registry (mind you I didn't do a thorough cleaning of v3.5 I just uninstalled it and rebooted):

HKLM\Software\ewido

HKLM\Software\ewido anti-spyware

Andavari,

I also just realized that there is another key needed:

FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\reports|*.txt

This is where the new version stores all of it's scan reports so I figured that could get out of hand so I tried to add this key and it works great.

In fact I am begginning to wonder if the FileKey 1 & 2 are even need for the new version, since the regkey has changed. Wonder if there needs to be 2 separate entries for ewido, 1 for version 3.5 and another for version 4.

Thanks again you put me on the right track,

Normandie

• Moderators

...sent MrG a separate cleaning entry just for Ewido Anti-Spyware.

Andavari,

I also just realized that there is another key needed:

FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\reports|*.txt

This is where the new version stores all of it's scan reports so I figured that could get out of hand so I tried to add this key and it works great.

Thanks again you put me on the right track,

Normandie

I know of that location and such, however it's one of those if'y things of do we delete it or don't we? MrG should see this thread because I made reference to it in the PM, so if he wants FileKey4 in there it's up to him since it is after all his program.

...sent MrG a separate cleaning entry just for Ewido Anti-Spyware.

I know of that location and such, however it's one of those if'y things of do we delete it or don't we? MrG should see this thread because I made reference to it in the PM, so if he wants FileKey4 in there it's up to him since it is after all his program.

Andavari,

I ended up putting the new stuff in winapp2.ini and leaving the original alone. Think for now that will be better.

Thanks for all the help,

Normandie

• Moderators

The problem with FileKey4 (FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\reports|*.txt) is that in Ewido 4.0 it only creates a report if malware is found (that's the default setting anyways). Therefore if someone is letting it automatically scan via the scheduler they would only know from the main screen that something was removed, but since the scan log would be deleted they wouldn't know what/where the infection was that Ewido got rid of.

The problem with FileKey4 (FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\reports|*.txt) is that in Ewido 4.0 it only creates a report if malware is found (that's the default setting anyways). Therefore if someone is letting it automatically scan via the scheduler they would only know from the main screen that something was removed, but since the scan log would be deleted they wouldn't know what/where the infection was that Ewido got rid of.

Andavari,

Very good point, I will delete that key right away. And here I thought I had gotten smart. :blink:

Again Thanks,

Normandie

Very good point.

I have set up ver 4 to create log only if malware is found. So wouldn't want it removed

There has been a lot of discussion over at lavasoft forums about deleting spyware/malware logs

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro