CCleaner Browser + pdf files

Tim 1

• Moderators

Right click any PDF file and select 'Open with' - don't select the app directly there - instead select 'Chose another app' at the bottom of the menu and then you will be shown the list and the 'Always use this app to open.....' tickbox.

image.png

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

A pdf file opened from Thunderbird onto CCleaner browser, but the file can't be downloaded or Saved As to my hard drive Documents. I get a message "Failed - Network error". Some pdfs can be saved but many cannot. I never had this problem with Chrome. What gives?

• Moderators

There are different types of PDF files which can be handled differently by software.
It may be that the CCleaner browser can save some types but not others?

I don't have the CCleaner browser myself, but it may be worth taking a look in your settings.

For instance Firefox recognises 5 types of PDF and can handle each type differently:
image.png

Or you could change things so that PDFs open into something other than the browser, see my previous post.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, KRJ said:

Also, many files I need to download and work on are in Microsoft Word, Excel, or Powerpoint.   How can I get back to these opening correctly?

Thank you for your help!

The same as the post 4 above (from Sep 26) but instead of .pdf just right click on any doc/docx file for word - xls/xlsx for excel - ppt/pptx for Powerpoint - and so on.
(You will need to do it for both types (*** & ***x) if you use both types).

You get the idea, just right click on one of the files and use 'Always use this app to open ...' to reassociate that type of file to open with the application that you want to open it with.

• 4 months later...

I saw an earlier thread about file extensions being changed by ccleaner.  I have followed the steps; however, when I am in settings/choose default apps by file type it says .pdf Adobe Acrobat as it should.  Problem is my files can only download as CCleaner html documents.  Please help!!

perhaps change your default browser (chrome or firefox or ie11 or so) this should change the file associations back again?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

On 02/10/2019 at 11:14, Big Bubba said:

A pdf file opened from Thunderbird onto CCleaner browser, but the file can't be downloaded or Saved As to my hard drive Documents. I get a message "Failed - Network error". Some pdfs can be saved but many cannot. I never had this problem with Chrome. What gives?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"