CCleaner changed desktop icon images

hitegr

This happened to me too. I am using Windows 10 and would like to change the icons back.  

Found this:

The CCleaner Browser is only being offered to a limited number of users when Updating CCleaner itself.

Most browsers will change your file associations when you first install them.

If/when this happens then it's easy enough to change them back.
For the example of PDF files:

• Right click on any PDF file and select 'Open With      > ' and then 'Choose another app'.
  • Choose the application that you want to open PDFs with, then tick "Always use this App to open PDF files'.
  • Click 'OK'.
  • The file will open in the App that you have chosen, you can close it if you dont want to work on it just then.
  • Job done, and your PDF icons should change back to how they were. (If they don't change straight away then restart your computer).

A change has been promised to the Browser to make file associations a more obvious seting during the Browser install.

The Browser is now available for others who don't get the offer during a CCleaner update/install.

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators
19 minutes ago, margaret scialabba said:

I would like to have ccleaner the one for free placed my desktop computer

I'm not sure what you are getting at.  If you want help please start a new thread and be as descriptive as you can be.  I deleted the post you left with nothing but an email address in it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

On 11/05/2020 at 14:35, Nergal said:

I'm not sure what you are getting at.  If you want help please start a new thread and be as descriptive as you can be.  I deleted the post you left with nothing but an email address in it.

Whats not to get - when I upgraded to a paid version of CCleaner I got an unwanted browser which doesn't provide the same information as the free version I had and the new cleaner looks identical to the Chrome settings for deleting files.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, B Thames said:

Whats not to get - when I upgraded to a paid version of CCleaner I got an unwanted browser which doesn't provide the same information as the free version I had and the new cleaner looks identical to the Chrome settings for deleting files.

1 my question wasn't directed at you.  Who are you, you just jumped right in.

2 what does that have to do with either the subject of the thread or what the person I was talking to had said.  As I said to them, start a new thread and be descriptive.  Ccleaner browser doesn't come with pro, it sounds like you downloaded the free installer.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com