Button "Delete" in 'Service' partition

Ladonin

• Moderators

'Delete' usually just deletes the uninstaller entry in the list for the selected program.

The uninstaller will still be in the the program files of the said software so the program can stil be uninstalled

Is this not the case for you?

What did you mean by the partition 'Service' ?

Can you do a screenshot?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I do see a potential use for it - but it would be better named 'Hide'. (or 'Hide from List').

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Depends upon what type of install package created the entry rather it can just be uninstalled from the program folder, if something was installed with an .MSI installer it could be opening a can of worms deleting entries in there, and there's also some lesser known rival installation maker programs to the likes of freeware like Inno Setup and NSIS that didn't create an uninstall.exe in the folder where a program is installed, they instead place an uninstall list (.LST) or .DAT file in the program folder however the uninstall EXE file (may not necessarily be named uninstall.exe) is instead placed in the Windows directory and a command had to be issued to it to uninstall the software properly - I haven't seen those type in ages.

I think the only reason it exists is perhaps since some programs can be uninstalled but leave an orphaned uninstall reference in there even though it had successfully been removed, and when attempting to uninstall again an error is shown.

Although that can still happen even in 2019 it all seems so legacy to me - I remember the Windows 95/98 era (and CCleaner supported Win9x many years ago) seeming to have issues with poorly written uninstall routines leaving references behind in Add/Remove Programs hence the reason there were more than enough standalone tools to remove uninstalled orphaned entries.