CCleaner shows CCleaner Browser cache & history despite not being used

AMMT

Hi Community, I cannot be the only one experiencing this but every time I run CCleaner, it shows significant CCleaner browser Internet Cache and Internet History files for cleaning in the Advanced Report in addition to my Firefox browser files, despite me never using the CCleaner browser.  How can this be the case?  I am just trying to understand what is going on here.  Should I uninstall CCleaner browser if I don't intend to use it?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by AMMT
'C' missing in CCleaner topic title

• Moderators
4 hours ago, AMMT said:

Should I uninstall CCleaner browser if I don't intend to use it? 

I am a big proponent of removing software if you don't use it.  As far as why there's accumulation in the browser i'm not sure.

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hi Nergal, I simply don't understand how the CCleaner browser can supposedly be accumulating internet cache and history files if I am not actually using it.  I would be totally unaware of this occurrence if it wasn't for the CCleaner breakdown report so as one who likes to understand these things from a logical point of view, I am naturally interested to hear from the CCleaner team if they can explain why this is happening.  Surely I cannot be the only user who has noticed this?  I am tempted to uninstall the CCleaner browser whereby then this surely could not happen but then it shouldn't be occurring anyway as far as I can see.  These entries appear with significant file numbers alongside every time I use CCleaner.

• Moderators

Although the CC browser is now widely available it is still officially a "preview"  (read Beta if you are more techie).

So some things are not going to work as expected.

As to your specific questions I don't think anyone but the browser developers and the CC developers could answer that at the moment. (And they are probably different teams).

While they may not reply here they will have noted your input.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

I would speculate that if you were to view the details of the CCleaner Browser files to be cleaned by CCleaner, you would see cookies and temporary internet files from sites that you may not have visited recently on the list.  If this is the case then at some point (either during installation or some time afterwards) you had the CCleaner Browser do a one-time import of cookies, bookmarks, shortcuts, etc from one of your other browsers to ensure a smooth transition across.

... or have you already done a CCleaner Browser clean and temporary files are continuing to accumulate?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes