Autorenewal and cancellation

NunYah

Only a moron would "Cancel" the subscription when wanting to stop auto renewal.

Since I will most likely forget and I doubt you will not tell me before you charge my credit card I will be turning the renewal fee in 2020 as fraud.

[Unnecessary profanity deleted]

Edited by Dave CCleaner
Non-descriptive post title. Profanity deleted.

• Admin

I can't speak for other companies, but if you want to cancel the automatic renewal for CCleaner then you can do so at any time through the subscription management. Do it right after purchasing if you want, before you forget, or wait until you get the billing reminder email a month before you expire.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 2 weeks later...

Why have I received an email to renew my CC cleaner subscription and pay £24.95 when I'm only running the free version (confirmed by actually running the software to ensure I was correct) and never subscribed to what the email refers to as CC Cleaner Professional Plus?  I find it worrying that the email states that the subscription fee will be taken automatically.  If the only way to stop this is to cancel and stop using even the free version then I will do so.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Gotchos said:

Why have I received an email to renew my CC cleaner subscription and pay £24.95 when I'm only running the free version (confirmed by actually running the software to ensure I was correct) and never subscribed to what the email refers to as CC Cleaner Professional Plus?  I find it worrying that the email states that the subscription fee will be taken automatically.  If the only way to stop this is to cancel and stop using even the free version then I will do so.

You will be pleased to know that we lack the wizardry required to renew customers who have not already signed up to a paid subscription with a credit card on file.  That said, it looks like you did purchase CCleaner Professional Plus back on 2 October 2018.  You should have an order confirmation email from us somewhere buried in your inbox from around that date. 

If you would like to cancel the subscription, there should be a link in the email that you just received enabling you to do so, which will stop the subscription from being renewed.

If you haven't actually used the paid licence that you bought, then 11 months later it's probably a wee bit too late for a refund, but email the support team (support@ccleaner.com) about getting the one you have extended for a year for free so you can use the CCleaner Professional paid features.  That's the sort of thing they'll do anyway in situations like this, but just in case mention that "Dave says it's okay" and give them a link to this discussion and they'll sort you out.  

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup

• 8 months later...

I have also had a payment taken without my permission. Currently speaking with the Customer Service team via email who cannot locate my account. I did pay for a version last year but did not see anything about auto renewal. What makes things worse the computer I purchased it for I have not used for the last 11 months. I now use a PC instead of an Apple computer that had the windows version because of all the issues when trying to connect via VPN. I am hoping then can resolve this ASAP or I will report this as fraud. 

• Admin

@Mark123: I would usually suggest that contacting customer support would be more helpful for billing cases, but I can see that you already did that, and got a response before you posted here.  Although you provided no information to customer support that matched anything in the order history records except your name, date and the price paid, I think they managed to find you anyway - someone is likely to reach out to you again shortly and ask for your post code to confirm (or feel free to jump into the support ticket response with that information to save time on an additional round of to-and-fro).

If the customer they found is you, then when you purchased CCleaner Professional Plus in May of last year (for up to 3 PCs and/or Macs) you would have seen from your order confirmation that you had a subscription with automatic annual renewal payments, that you have the option to stop at any time. You also received an email from Cleverbridge on April 6th reminding you that they would be billing you, and with a link in there to stop payment.  You could also have stopped the upcoming subscription payment at any time from within CCleaner itself. 

If you no longer have a use for CCleaner on your PC then the support team will be more than happy to provide a refund once you can confirm which transaction is yours.  For a variety of reasons, having your bank fraud-flag your credit card is probably not an optimal solution for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

If the link you have won't work then simply download/install CCleaner Free and enter your new key and registered name.

See "Where do I enter my license key?" in this FAQ: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/204043844--Problems-activating-or-registering-CCleaner-Professional

If you are still having problems then you can contact customer support directly.
You can find the contact form here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043