CPU and RAM not shown correctly

Gaukh

Hello

I recently upgraded my system to an AMD Ryzen R7 3700X, an ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard and G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) DDR4-3200 RAM.
But the temperature for the CPU is not showing and the RAM is displayed in a weird way like it is not even showing my speed.

My BIOS and my AMD chipset drivers are up-to-date and AMD Ryzen Master and other programs are showing my CPU temperature. 

I hope you can help me, I also reinstalled Speccy with no luck whatsoever. I found Speccy the most convenient to look at so far and would be glad to be able to continue using it.
image.png.61400725d3a510263857316639d1d585.pngimage.png.2aaf7a601c0bfb3494cd806176654a28.pngimage.png.c29f9982f70af8810c31c949785c7afc.png

• Moderators

to verify, start an elevated command prompt and type in; wmic memorychip get capacity,banklabel,speed and hit enter.
report back the results.

but I assume you are seeing the problem of running current gen hardware with a program that hasn't been updated in ages.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

12 minutes ago, mta said:

to verify, start an elevated command prompt and type in; wmic memorychip get capacity,banklabel,speed and hit enter.
report back the results.

but I assume you are seeing the problem of running current gen hardware with a program that hasn't been updated in ages.

image.png.1a4e41263a09ee449c65e34cf4674c45.png

There are the results and yes, I think you might be right. I hope it gets updated somewhen. :(

• Moderators

last update was May 2018.
Piriform averages about one update per year for Speccy.
it has a couple of VERY long running bugs (SSD/HDD detection and wrong temperatures shown) that are yet to be addressed.
Microsoft does two major build releases per year so at the very least, you'd be thinking they need to release a new version not too long after one of those.

so, from all that, you'd have to assume that all their development resources are tied up with their flagship product CCleaner.

in other words, don't hold your breathe. :)

I've stopped using Speccy due to simply not being able to trust the supplied figures.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

There's allot of old utilities while still useful to a point that need updated for modern hardware. Some are in fact so old at this point parts of them don't work, and I've seen some which can't even read the S.M.A.R.T. data from modern SSDs.

• 2 years later...
On 06/08/2019 at 17:17, mta said:

last update was May 2018.
Piriform averages about one update per year for Speccy.
it has a couple of VERY long running bugs (SSD/HDD detection and wrong temperatures shown) that are yet to be addressed.
Microsoft does two major build releases per year so at the very least, you'd be thinking they need to release a new version not too long after one of those.

so, from all that, you'd have to assume that all their development resources are tied up with their flagship product CCleaner.

in other words, don't hold your breathe. :)

I've stopped using Speccy due to simply not being able to trust the supplied figures.

Well now you've got me curious as to what you use ;)  CPU-Z isn't conclusive for me either, and I for one would really enjoy knowing what my RAM is and how it's performing.

2021-08-24_10-26-57.png.c638f9d015d0e12ea24fb524cc15dc6b.png

If it's any condolences I actually bought speccy at one point thinking that would resolve some of my issues years ago when it was just a baby. :D