Options/Include/File Types question

FabioA

Hello,

In Options, Include, I try to include the following after I click Add button :

Include/Drive or Folder: C\:

Fyle Tipes/File Types: *.diz;*.old;*.nch;*.wbk;*log.txt;~*.*;*.log;*.prv;*.sik;*.bak;*.ilk;*.aps;*.ncb;*.pch;*.$db;*.db$;*.^;*._dd;*._detmp;log*.txt;*.log?

Options: any of the 3 options

And the following  warning or error appear: For system safety reasons you cannot select this specific location

What is the cause of this? Are there any of that file type not allowed? If yes, which of them?

Thanks

C:\  -> systemdrive and one of the system-paths

with

*.* -> i mean this can delete your whole os-stuff, if possible

for ex -> c:\ and filetype *.tmp is possible

On 14.7.2019 at 17:56, FabioA said:

Fyle Tipes/File Types: *.diz;*.old;*.nch;*.wbk;*log.txt;~*.*;*.log;*.prv;*.sik;*.bak;*.ilk;*.aps;*.ncb;*.pch;*.$db;*.db$;*.^;*._dd;*._detmp;log*.txt;*.log?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

45 minutes ago, trium said:

C:\  -> systemdrive and one of the system-paths

with

*.* -> i mean this can delete your whole os-stuff, if possible

for ex -> c:\ and filetype *.tmp is possible

You are right, I tried writing down each type, one by one and I encountered that the problem was with ~*.* when was present in the list. But ~*.* isn´t the same of *.*. Maybe CCleaner doesn´t allow all that contains *.*, no matter where it is located inside of the file type.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, FabioA said:

~*.* isn´t the same of *.*. Maybe CCleaner doesn´t allow all that contains *.*, no matter where it is located inside of the file type.

The tilde simply makes the expression case sensitive.
As * doesn't have a case then the tilde is meaningless unless there are other letter characters present as well.

*.* is allowed in a CCleaner include/exclude, but only if you specify the rest of the pathname. (and it isn't a pathname to system files).
eg-

C:\Program Files\Some-program\Logs\*.*
C:\Program Files\Some-program\Temp\*.*

Are both perfectly acceptable, and wil delete all files in the specfied directories.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043