5.59.7230 Easy Clean Crashes program - Vista 32-bit & XP 32-bit

NFern

I guess no one really cares - same bug reported in last two previous version:

CCleaner 5.59.7230 Easy Clean Crashes when used with Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium when you click on Details after running Analyze on older dual core Presario F572US Notebook.  Everything else works fine in CCleaner...it always has.  Selected Custom Clean in Preferences so that I can live with it.

Does the same thing an a Dell Latitude D600 Notebook running XP Pro 32-bit with Service Pack 3.

Piriform may want to consider stop advertising that CCleaner works with Windows Vista and Windows XP if they are not going to fix the bug or acknowledge it even exists.

Wanted to report the bug for what it is worth. 

Hi NFern:

I ran a test today with CCleaner Portable versions 5.58.7209 and 5.59.7230 (i.e., the 32-bit ccleaner.exe run from a USB thumb drive) on my 32-bit Vista SP2 machine and didn't have any issues viewing the results of the Easy Clean analysis.  I didn't actually click the Clean All button to see what would happen if I tried to clean all the detected trackers and junk files.  I can't tell you if the "standard" installed versions behave the same way.

What antivirus program are you using on your computers?  I normally use an older CCleaner Portable v5.47.6701 (i.e., before Feature Preview / forced beta testing of new features was introduced) and I noticed that my Norton antivirus is flagging the v5.58 and v5.59 ccleaner.exe executables as Untrusted when i try to run them from my USB thumb drive.  I don't know if it's relevant, but my v5.58 and v5.59 executables both came bundle with a beta version of the Software Updater feature (signified by a yellow dot on the Tools panel) and I had to explicitly allow the ccleaner.exe v5.58 and 5.59 executables to launch and then access my Norton Smart Firewall to prevent them from being blocked by my antivirus.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.2.22
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

5d1613ba7723b_CCleanerPortablev5_58EasyCleanReviewResults28Jul2019.png.45e2be3388cd038f07de44af5132fdfb.png

5d16143da5224_CCleanerPortablev5_58EasyCleanReviewJunkDetails28Jul2019.png.73d6f731c928860b02a4f9f2455c7bbb.png

Helllo lmacri,

Thank you for the response.

Same issue with portable version.  Using Avast Antivirus.  Same problem with Avast shields turned off using the portable version.  It is strange that both my XP and Vista PC's exhibit the same problem.  Both use Avast.  Do I need to uninstall Avast to see if it is the problem on both PC's?  Doesn't say much if Avast bought out CCleaner.

If it is a firewall issue, where would I turn it off or allow it through?  It has not been complaining about being blocked...at all.

My Windows 10 PC (which does not use Avast) has no problem.

1 hour ago, Andavari said:

Hi Andavari:

I posted additional comments about my Norton Smart Firewall "suspicious activity" blocks in nikki605's thread <here> since I don't know if the problem NFern reported with Easy Clean is actually related to their antivirus.  It was just an idea I wanted to throw out since my Norton AV seems to be constantly blocking the execution of recent versions of CCleaner Portable v5.58 and v5.59 on my 32-bit Vista SP2 machine unless I explicitly allow the execution.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.2.22
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

• Admin

@NFern: Thanks for the additional information. Were you able to send the crash report?  Also, for your Presario, which service pack for Windows Vista are you using?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

3 minutes ago, Dave CCleaner said:

@NFern: Thanks for the additional information. Were you able to send the crash report?  Also, for your Presario, which service pack for Windows Vista are you using?

Hello Dave CCleaner...

Service Pack 2.  Sent crash report at least once for this and the two previous version updates, which all exhibit the same symptom(s).  FYI, I cannot find anything in the Windows event viewer that would give a clue as to why the program stops unexpectedly...not that the clue is not there, I just may not know what I am looking for.

2 hours ago, Dave CCleaner said:

Hi Dave CCleaner:

Could you please explain why my posts were deleted from this thread? I don't believe I violated the forum rules, and I think my comments were relevant to this topic given that my screenshots showed that the Easy Clean feature for CCleaner Portable v5.58 and v5.59 do not cause a CCleaner crash on my own 32-bit Vista SP2 machine like they do for the OP NFern.

I tried publishing a Speccy snapshot of my system specs in one of my earlier posts in this thread so NFern could compare the configuration of our 32-bit machines, but Speccy's publishing server still hasn't been fixed even though Avast/Piriform employee Ben Piriform posted <here> on 13-May-2019 that the new server would be "up and running in the next few days".
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.2.22 * Malwarebytes Free v3.5.1-1.0.365

• Admin

@lmacri: unhidden. At first pass it looked like a duplication of content from another thread but on closer review you did primarily address the matter at hand.  My apologies for being a little too quick on the draw on topic cleanup.

With regards to Speccy publication and retrieval, as per another thread [I will edit later to add the reference] the ancient Speccy server has been under heavy load of late and the remedies Ben had in mind proved insufficient to have it sufficiently available. In short - we are in the process of getting a new server.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes