Invalid Digital Signature v5.59 Slim Free

I started the installation again, ignored the error and it installed with no further problem.  I then ran CCleaner and it ran just fine.  It has to be some kind of false detection, probably because it is so new, Norton hasn't caught up yet.

Did you notice in the error msg that the connection was to avast.com? :D

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

Hi nikki605:

Just an FYI that I was testing the 32-bit version of CCleaner Portable v5.59.7230 (i.e., after I upzipped the Portable build ccsetup559.zip on my USB thumb drive and tried to launch the 32-bit ccleaner.exe executable).  My ccleaner.exe executable is also Untrusted by Norton and I have to explicitly allow this file to launch and then access my Norton Smart Firewall to prevent execution from being blocked.  I don't know if it's relevant, but my v5.59 executable came bundle with a beta version of the Software Updater feature (signified by a yellow dot on the Tools panel).

My case is slightly different from yours but both our problems are likely related to the fact that our executables are Untrusted by Norton.  You had a problem launching the v5.59 slim installer ccsetup559_slim.exe and Norton flagged your installer as having an invalid signature.  In my case the problem is with the 32-bit program executable ccleaner.exe that launches the interface, and my Norton Smart Firewall block is triggered by suspicious activity.

VirusTotal reports my 32-bit ccleaner.exe v5.59 is clean (0/69 detection - see the report at https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ad9b2e0d70061b0f66f3a2ed640913dea805e34421094c9a22154bac9d16b7d7/detection) and Symantec is listed as one of the AV engines used to scan the file, so in my case it appears to be a heuristic (behavior-based) problem or issue with the poor reputation in the wider Norton community and not because the SHA256 hash hasn't been whitelisted yet.

5d162a7806276_CCleanerProtablev5_59NortonFirewallAlertSuspiciousActivityESITED28Jun2019.png.c0c8e90172ce675398e28a30f0ef80c9.png

Just another FYI that I normally use an older CCleaner Portable v5.47.6701 (i.e., before Feature Preview / forced beta testing of new features was introduced) on my Vista machine.  I just got fed up having to deal with all the pop-ups, background network activity, firewall blocks, bugs, etc. every time I updated to a new version of CCleaner.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.2.22 * Malwarebytes Free v3.5.1-1.0.365
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

• Admin

Odd. After a couple of million installations I would have thought that Norton would be a bit beyond "fewer than 5 users" by now for version 5.59

Software Updater should also not be too novel for Norton either - it was officially launched back in version 5.55 over 3 months ago.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators

There are a lot of Norton FPs being reported this week.

Unconfirmed speculation is that they are pushing a new 'protection' product.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

1 hour ago, nukecad said:

There are a lot of Norton FPs being reported this week.  Unconfirmed speculation is that they are pushing a new 'protection' product.

Hi nukecad:

My Norton Smart Firewall block isn't new to CCleaner v5.59, at least with the Norton Security v22.15.2.22 (the legacy version for Win XP and Vista) I use.  I tested the previous CCleaner Portable v5.58.7209 and the screenshot I posted back on 17-Jun-2019 in the Norton Tech Outpost <here> shows the 32-bit ccleaner.exe v5.58 executable triggers a similar "suspicious online activity" block with my Norton Smart Firewall.

I sent Symantec a detailed false positive report (submitted at https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/) on 17-Jun-2019 but the email I got back that same day stated "Having reviewed the information provided we are unable to reproduce or confirm the issue described."

I'm not sure if you mean the "new" Norton 360 v22.17.x Standard / Deluxe / with LifeLock Select products that are currently being sold to US customers only with extra features like Norton Secure VPN, PC SafeCam and Norton Data Protector (see the product comparison chart <here>) but as far as I know all Norton v22.x products use the same protection definitions [e.g., SDS (virus) Definitions, Intrusion Prevention Definitions, etc.] and I don't recall seeing an unusual number of false positive reports for malware detections in the Norton community in the past week.  I would agree, however, that some of the new features in recent releases of Norton v22.17.2.x and v22.17.3.x (Win 7 SP1 and higher) have been quite buggy and should have undergone more beta testing before they went into wide release.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.2.22 * Malwarebytes Free v3.5.1-1.0.365 * CCleaner Portable v5.47.6701
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

• Admin

There was also a false positive reported by some Dr Web users that was promptly resolved within 24-48 hours. I will follow up with our product team if there has been a response from Norton.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes