Localization Files Cleaner

Ju1iet

Hi everyone, this issue has been bothering me since I saw the magnitude of the game localization files, esp. same cinematics for lots of different languages each. Also, nearly every application has been translated to many languages and all of the files are installed even after choosing one language during install. Since there are different localization file structures in different programs, I think CCleaner can handle this problem with a database consisting how to look for different programs' language files. It will be a very nice add-on.

• Moderators

Problem is deleting them in some programs can have the following scenarios, I've seen them all:
* The program doesn't care, and happily works in its native language such as English, etc.
* The program complains about missing language files and auto-closes, or it won't load at all.
* The program deems itself corrupt and will re-download/re-install itself, or instruct the user to re-install it before it's usable again.

This was discussed on here several years ago with several of us that would manually go about removing language files/packs from software on our systems. It really is hit and miss what will happen when removing a language from a program and each has to be tested and readily have available the installer to re-install it should the need arise.