Gmail tracks all your purchases, it is difficult to delete them and impossible to stop

hazelnut

• Moderators

Google uses its email service Gmail to track purchases that customers of the company made, even on third-party websites like Amazon.

Gmail scans emails for receipts and collects these automatically.  The purchases are neatly listed on a hard to find Purchases page on Google's My Account portal.

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/18/gmail-tracks-all-your-purchases-and-it-is-difficult-to-delete-them-and-impossible-to-stop/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I've known this for a while. I use the google assistant and it will periodically give me a notification telling me my package arrived from amazon. It will also tell me about deals on things I've bought in the past like coffee. This thing is basically tracking my life I think. In the morning it tells me when its time to go to work because I use google maps for traffic!  

• Moderators

That's one of the reasons I got my own web domain with my own '{firstname}@{myname}.uk' email address.

I don't have/need a website, I just use it for the email.

Fair enough my Internet Service Provider could snoop it if they wanted, but they would soon lose customers if they started that. (Unlike google, microsoft, etc.)

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
3 hours ago, rridgely said:

This thing is basically tracking my life I think. In the morning it tells me when its time to go to work because I use google maps for traffic!  

It's your robot overlord, well that's what it sounds like.

Reminds me of what was said not too long ago on the news where if someone signs up for particular services they essentially have no privacy, especially with smart devices in the home that can listen to everything.

• Moderators

I don't have any of those smart speakers, not because I'm paranoid of their spying but because they are all bad speakers. Instead I have sonos speakers networked up in most of the rooms in my house. I know some will say they aren't great either but the convenience of them outweighs everything else.