5.56 & 5.57 spinning curser on Win 10 Pro

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Jamin4u said:

After install, I start the program and I see a blank Gui with a spinning cursor. 

Have tried all flavors of install and portable packages for each.

5.55 works as expected.

Blank white or blank black? Are you able to screenshot it? Also, is this Windows 10 release 1803, 1809 or the new 1903?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Hi,  Windows 10 Release 1809.

Screenshot ...cursor missing, I used windows logo + PrtScn

2iqxqf4.png

No, it doesn't resemble the issue mentioned to me.

Strangely, the portable version is now working the next day with one shutdown and startup.

Dropped the 64bit executable in the CCfolder with no luck.

Will try installing slim version then reboot and get back to you.

30 minutes ago, hazelnut said:

Does the same thing happen in Windows safe mode?

Yes, with one exception.  The portable version has spinning cursor for 10 seconds then the Gui populates with expected data.

I did drop the .ini file into the portable version and all settings are fine ruling out the .ini file as the problem.

• Admin

I note no Easy Clean option in that screenshot.  Have you blocked CCleaner's calls home in your hosts.ini file?  Or have you done any manual tinkering to CCleaner's registry settings? In the latter case, does a complete uninstall/reinstall help?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup

7 hours ago, Dave CCleaner said:

I note no Easy Clean option in that screenshot.  Have you blocked CCleaner's calls home in your hosts.ini file?  Or have you done any manual tinkering to CCleaner's registry settings? In the latter case, does a complete uninstall/reinstall help?

No blocking or tinkering here. Your suggestion lead me to what I believe the issue's were.  After uninstall/reinstall, no spinning cursor but still no Easy Clean.  I had to set Icon as "run as administrator".  Now all was good including Easy Clean until I dropped a copy of the .ini file into CCfolder.  Spinning cursor again.  I Started over then I manually set options and all is working again as expected. Sounds like a corrupted .ini file now.

Should the install process have set icon as "run as administrator"?

I sent a new icon to the desktop from the CCfolder and it was not set as  "run as administrator".

38 minutes ago, hazelnut said:

Good detective work Jamin.

Hopefully @Dave CCleaner will see your post.

Thanks, there's more.  If I "run as administrator" Easy Clean is there but CCleaner doesn't clean when run including recycle bin.

If I run as non admin, the program works but no Easy Clean.

I don't remember CCleaner being "run as administrator" in the past.  Maybe a permissions thing.

• Admin
19 hours ago, Jamin4u said:

No blocking or tinkering here. Your suggestion lead me to what I believe the issue's were.  After uninstall/reinstall, no spinning cursor but still no Easy Clean.  I had to set Icon as "run as administrator".  Now all was good including Easy Clean until I dropped a copy of the .ini file into CCfolder.  Spinning cursor again.  I Started over then I manually set options and all is working again as expected. Sounds like a corrupted .ini file now.

Should the install process have set icon as "run as administrator"?

I sent a new icon to the desktop from the CCfolder and it was not set as  "run as administrator".

Thanks for your sleuthing. Can you DM me the clean and corrupted .ini files? I'll shoot them over to the devs on Monday to see if they can trace a root cause for a fix.

3 hours ago, Dave CCleaner said:

Thanks for your sleuthing. Can you DM me the clean and corrupted .ini files? I'll shoot them over to the devs on Monday to see if they can trace a root cause for a fix.

I think the corrupted .ini file only pertained to me (I hope).  It went into the trash. 

Still don't know why Easy Clean only shows up when CCleaner is "run as administrator".  Is that a me too only thing?