new license, how long it last if not activated?

mgg1959

• Moderators

I believe that the year of priority support and automatic updates begins when the purchase was made.  Note I do not work for piriform or ccleaner so this is just my supposition.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

39 minutes ago, Nergal said:

I believe that the year of priority support and automatic updates begins when the purchase was made.  Note I do not work for piriform or ccleaner so this is just my supposition.

Thanks for you reply,  i never use support, but i feel that automatic updates  should start at activation, lets see if that way, if not i will miss half year license.

Guest Ben CCleaner

Hi @mgg1959, what Nergal says is indeed correct. All license benefits and features start from the date of purchase and not activation.

Thanks

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, mgg1959 said:

well don't seems fair for me, directly a ripoff,

Not really,

Think of the support like insurance.
You can't extend it for free just because you didn't use it.

As for updates.
If you bought something like a washing machine, and didn't use it for a year, then you wouldn't expect any warranty period to only begin when you did start using it.
(And all updates to CCleaner are free anyway, just not automatic if you don't have a current licence).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

but i will miss more than half year of automàtic clear and other things, ripoff for me, in any place says that it will last one year after purchased, i buy for example kis antivirus and key works perfectly after even more than 2 year if not activated

• Moderators

Most software licences that can only be bought/downloaded direct from the developer are activated 'from purchase date', it's assumed you will activate/use them straight away.

Wherever you download CCleaner from, you can only ever buy a licence direct from Piriform.

Some software/licences can be bought from a 3rd party reseller (a shop or online store), those are the ones that are usually 'from activation date'.
This is because the retailer buys a batch of licences from the developer and doesn't sell them all at once, so in that case the developer does not know when (if ever) they will be activated.
(You'd be Tee'd off if you bought something from a reseller only to find that it had gone 'out of date' while sat on their 'shelves').

It's just different marketing methods.
With the first the developer only ever gets paid by customers.
With the second the developer gets money up front from the reseller, who takes a gamble on getting it back later from customers.

TBH no one is being ripped off here,
You can't blame the supplier if you pay for something and then don't use it, that's your choice.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043