Compendium of minor issues

aljones

Later I'll get to the issue that prompted this note but for the nonce:
I've used the free version of cCleaner since before it was ccleaner and I personally see little reason to upgrade.  You almost got me with the latest addition but that has some issues.

Settings -> "Run CCleaner when windows starts" is unchecked but it always seems to start with Windows anyway.  That's okay, I can terminate it ...

Options -> Smart Cleaning:  "Tell me when there are junk files to clean" is unchecked but you still give notifications when ccleaner can clean more than a GB (or so it seems.)

Advanced -> "close program after cleaning" is unchecked but clcleaner still resides in my task bar, close program to me means terminate the program and any instances of it.

Tools -> "software updater"  There's no indication that this is a pro feature until you click on "Update all"  It seems to work now ("no Thanks" twice) but the first time I tried it after an install clicking anything simply produced a "beep"  (non-problem since I can't replicate it)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, aljones said:

Settings -> "Run CCleaner when windows starts" is unchecked but it always seems to start with Windows anyway.  That's okay, I can terminate it

Refers to a cleaning run at start-up.  For not starting with windows, turn off smart cleaning. 

Advanced -> "close program after cleaning" is unchecked but clcleaner still resides in my task bar, close program to me means terminate the program and any instances of it.

Same with this turn off smart cleaning

Options -> Smart Cleaning:  "Tell me when there are junk files to clean" is unchecked but you still give notifications when ccleaner can clean more than a GB (or so it seems.)

Not sure why the pop-up still happens, but it sounds to me like turning off smart cleaning will solve your compendium of issues.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com