AutoCAD 2019 Repeat Sign in

JoshC

CCleaner 5.53 has a bug.  After running 5.53, and then running AutoCAD 2019, I have to sign in to Autodesk as a first time user as if I just installed the program because it seems the license is wiped out.  If I don't run CCleaner, I don't have to sign in again, but each time I run 5.53, I have to sign in again.  I've never seen this problem before installing 5.53, so I reinstalled 5.52 and the problem is gone.  I've had AutoCAD and CCleaner for years and never seen this issue before.  Please help.

• Moderators

I'm not sure how the licence works with Autocad 2019, (last I used was Acad 2010), but it sounds as if it may now be storing your login in a cookie which CCleaner is then deleting.

Try the following:

1. Do a clean with CCleaner.
  2. Open and log into your Autocad 2019, and close it again without doing anything else.
  3. Go back to CCleaner and look at Options>Cookies to see what cookies Autodesk have put on your computer.
  4. Select those and move them over to 'cookies to keep'.
  5. Now do a clean with CCleaner again, and see if it still removes your Autocad login.

If that fails then you may be better off asking on an Autocad forum just where Acad 2019 saves your login.

I suggest this one: https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/

EDIT

Thinking again Autocad 2019 may be setting a registry entry to note your login/licence key.
If it is doing this then CCleaner will probably not recognise it, so if you run the registry cleaner it will delete it.

If you are running the registry cleaner then look at what it finds when you scan.
Any entries it finds that are to do with Autodesk or Autocad can be right clicked to add them to the excusions list.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043