'Check All' Checkboxes

PCFYTV

A 'Check All' checkbox for each subcategory (e.g., Windows | Microsoft Edge) would be a convenient and welcome addition to the Ccleaner GUI.  This would be faster/easier than the present GUI which requires individually selecting each item (e.g., Windows | Microsoft Edge | Internet Cache — plus the nine other items under that program).

For example, I run one cleaner or another virtually all the time, closing and cleaning my browser(s) between each session — and I very often close/clean my browser. Sometimes, Ccleaner hangs on one subcategory or another even when I haven't run a particular browser (e.g., Windows | Internet Explorer).  Having to manually select/deselect everything on the 'short list' of cleaning items — in that case and all others — is a bit of a PITA.

A 'Check All' checkbox would help a lot in such cases.  It would also make the initial setup of Ccleaner easier.

Lastly, I don't think a 'Check All' checkbox that would turn on/off *ALL* cleaning items in Ccleaner would necessarily be a good idea for all users.  Some would no doubt get into to deep doo-doo using it.

• Moderators

I'm a little confused about what you are suggesting. Do you want a Check All for Windows (and ditto fpr Applications) that would check/uncheck everything under that, or for the individual sections under Windows?  Your first paragraph seems to imply the former, and the second paragraph the latter. The last paragraph sort of shoots the whole idea in the foot.

If you want to check all within in subsection just right click on the heading and select check/uncheck all.

I think that the current install setup, where a default selection is checked, is better, and safer, than checking everything.

• Moderators

It's already there, but semi-hidden behind a right click for safety.

As Augeas says right cick the section heading, (or you can even right click the whole 'Windows' tab or 'Applications' tab), to get a check/uncheck all option.

I don't particularly like 'select all' buttons - it's a lazy way to make mistakes in a hurry.
Much better to think about each item and whether is should be checked or not.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043