Virus Total says CCleaner is infected

Sylvio Haas

Hello

I downloaded CCleaner but did not install it yet because Virus Total informs that Cyren, ESET NOD32, and Fortinet consider it malware. The first one mentions W32/Trojan.BBZK-9135; the second, Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe; and the last one, Riskware/Google.
My question is: should I consider these as valid information (only three out of 68 antiviruses consider it dangerous) or should I ignore them?

Thank you.

Captura de Tela (9).png

• Moderators

They are just flagging up the bundled offer (Avast AV) in the standard installer - which is pre-ticked.

Some AV's flag these bundles, especially if they are pre-ticked.
But as you can see from the VT list most (68 of 71) don't, because they are not malware just potentially unwanted.

You can use the standard installer being careful to untick the pre-ticked offer.
Or use the 'Slim' installer which does not contain the offer, you can find it here:
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thank you very much for your help. I downloaded via slim, submitted it to Virus Total who considered it totally clean. Strange, however, is that Zemana or Malwarebytes (not sure) warned me that it is malware and therefore dangerous. Even so, I installed and am already using it. Thank you again.