Hidden restore points

nate7

in Ccleaner slim 5.52 free on windows 7, restore points don't display.  I can click under advanced system settings to create a windows restore point but in the Ccleaner System restore tab there are no listed points. Something is preventing Ccleaner from listing my restore points, and so I can't delete restore points using Ccleaner.   I can see my restore points list only if I run/start system restore. Windows system restore point delete will only delete all restore points. It would be better if I could find something to manage my restore points but no program seems to list/see them. Ccleaner was my go to program for this, but something has changed & I don't know what.

Any suggestions on how to reveal the list?

- Run Antibody's Wiztree. It will show the size of the folder "System Volume Information". That's the folder where the System Restore Points (SRPs) are stored.

- Even if CCleaner shows no SRPs then that one folder can contain GBs in data.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

I see, there is a hidden folder C:/System Volume Information/    that I can brows by entering that under file manager.  I will half to look into this.  I don't really understand how my restore points are saved.  For example,  I created a restore point & named it "one" yet I don't see any files with that name. I may half to create & delete points from the advanced system settings menu to learn how the points are saved to edit them.  Yet I do see a windows backup & windows img backup.   I don't want to delete the wrong thing but this is a good start to learn what all this means.  Thanks,   At least I see this volume folder on any drive with restore points & not on drives that have it turned off.  I did a google search for antibody wiztree download & will be trying that too