backup system

hello,

i use ccleaner for a long time and i wanted ccleaner to clean old system backup like the windows' cleaner.

i saw since 2 last versions (i think) that my "system backups" are erased when i launch a cleaning.

usually not.

is it normal ? should i do something special ?

Welcome :)

What do you mean by 'system backups'? Do you mean 'system restore points', or your own personal back ups of your PC?

What OS are you running?

What version of CCleaner are you running?

Thanks,

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

i THINK it was just an update that you got. what version of ccleaner are you using?

also check under the advanced section and see if you have anything selected there.

EDIT: also, where are the system restore points located that are being deleted?

Sorry Aaron, but you lost me here.

i THINK it was just an update that you got.

An update of what? What update would erase system restore points?

what version of ccleaner are you using?

He said he's using the latest version

also check under the advanced section and see if you have anything selected there.

There aren't any options that say it will delete system restore points.

Okay, I am running XP and my system restore points aren't being deleted. Maybe someone else is experiencing this? I have a feeling it isn't CCleaner doing it though.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

maybe a ccleaner update. you can uncheck the box so it doesnt automatically update. system restore points are stored in a temp file.

This was interesting.

Q. Why are my restore points missing or deleted?

A. If no free disk space on monitored system drive or on any of the available non-system drives exists, System Restore will purge restore points consistently across all monitored partitions to free disk space. If the free disk space falls below 50 MB on any monitored partition, System Restore will stop monitoring and suspend.

Note: Some users have reported that using the Real Player One utility has deleted restore points. Please review your System Event Viewer log for System Restore events for a volume error event.

Restore points are saved in under x:\system volume information\_restore{558C94FD-3C7F-4954-A02D-

26679E6D849E}. Each restore point's files are saved in a folder named RPXX where XX is a two digit number

corresponding to the restore point.

yes, i've read all you wrote.

(thank krit86lr for your understanding)

i use ccleaner with all options ON !

each time i use it, it deletes all restore points and the last too ! am i alone with this problem ?

my hard drives are free (more than 30 Go) and i do the experience to launch a cleaning, then i see my list of restore points and all disapear. i create a new point, i launch a cleaning again and all disapear again !

oh ... i think i found why ! i test and i tell you after !

ok, i see as you asked the "System Event Viewer log" ! i saw an error named "sr"

i can read (in french) "Le filtre de restauration du syst?me ? rencontr? l'erreur inattendue '0xC0000023' pendant le traitement du fichier 'Recycled' sur le volume 'Ramdisk'. Ceci a entra?n? l'arr?t de la surveillance du volume."

=> the filter of restore points of system has met an error 0xC0000023 during the treatment of Recycled file on Ramdisk. this stops the monitoring of volume (sorry for translating) !

ok, i have installed for some weeks a ramdisk too increase speed.

but i didn't see it created errors.

i hope i can help someone with my adventure !

thank everybody ! and long life to CCleaner, very special thank for the team !