Norton 360 II

glenmarshall

• Moderators

have you tried adding CC to a whitelist or exemptions in Nortons?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I have same problem after installing new version of Norton 360.  First the existing CCleaner would crash upon booting up the computer.  I sent in the logs several times.  Then I also tried deinstalling and reinstalling.  It says "wait while unloading" but never finishes loading.  I just tried to install the slim version, and got farther, getting to the install point, but disappears before completing installation.  Apparently there is some conflict with Norton 360.  I also tried disabling the firewall and antivirus before doing the install, but no luck either.  I have used this product for many years, and this is the first time I have run into a problem.

Guest Ben CCleaner

Hi All, we are aware of this issue and in contact with Norton to find a solution. I will report back when we have a fix and when it will be released.

Thanks

On 1/25/2019 at 11:31, glenmarshall said:

After updating to the new Norton 360 version, CCleaner aborts when launched....

Hi glenmarshall:

When you say the "new" Norton 360, do you mean you recently purchased or were upgraded to Norton 360 Standard or one of the the new N360 offerings described at https://us.norton.com/n360?inid=hho_nortoncom_softlaunchredirect_360?  If so, you might want to follow  Paul Buettner's thread 360 Recent Up-Date and CCleaner in the NIS/N360/NAV board of the Norton forum while you're waiting for Piriform to release a bug fix.

As I noted in Paul Buettner's thread, Norton began offering these "new" Norton 360 products to select users about a month ago as part of a beta test - see tzon's 14-Dec-2018 thread Is this a new product? Norton 360 as well as Norton employee Gayathri_R's 19-Dec-2018 product announcement Have you seen new offerings on Norton.com? It’s a beta test!. At the moment we have no idea if these "new" N360 products are still in beta or whether users can downgrade back to their "old" N360/N360P products with their current product key if they wish to do so.
------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.1.8

Guest Ben CCleaner

We have a fix for this issue which is due in the next release (5.53). I have released this fix as a Beta version which you can access before the next official release.