Windows Defender and CCleaner 1.30.310

pudelein

I have just downloaded and installed CCleaner 1.30.310 (slim) and tested it. Looks great except for one point, namely, the overly thorough cleaning of the Windows Defender logs. WD had run a scan on my system at noon today (about 3 hours ago) and the log file for this was among the executed members. I believe it would be very much better to respect the optional 48-hour delay in removing such files. Meanwhile, I have disabled the WD log cleaning for now.

Edit: additional information.

Further to the above, I should point out that Windows Defender reports the results of its last scan on the "home page". If the logs have been cleaned by CCleaner, this report cannot be made. The "last scan" is then reported as "unknown". I have not seen a report from a scan that finds "issues", but I suppose it would also be lost if present, not a good thing!

Hello and Welcome :)

Thank you for the informative information!

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

If you have Defender set to run daily scans, those log files could really build up after a while. My own approach is to have Defender cleaning unchecked when I'm doing daily cleaning, just clean it once in a while after looking in Defender to make sure there's nothing there I need to save.