manual update not work 100% windows10 ccl pro

Hello

I am bit disappointed to settings of cc-cleaner professional in windows10.

There is settings to updates automatic or manual.

Without clicking this check updates link, down right corner, cc-cleaner offers new update. This means program works in background ways that are not allowed in

settings. In settings, this is put to manual check for updates only. There i have put nothing to automatically work in background.

Only browser i use most, that is clean automatically after closing. 

I see this as major bug, if this type settings not work as they say. Good updates are offered but user should be able to trust in settings so program not do malware type actions,

something else that is promised.

• Moderators

My interpretation of it is it's probably like that so you'll know when a new version is available that you can then:
Manually download, virus scan, and then install on your own. That way it will still be respecting that you don't want a new version to magically appear on your system without your consent.

Then again it's all up to individual interpretations.

Yes, although i am not sure, if update check could be then happen only when i click open cc-cleaner program,

because it offers me then new update in middle of page? (if available update)

So i can not say for sure, if program is working too much compared to my settings, in background.

But i would like it work that way, i can decrease operations i myself think are not needed to check too often.

Guest Ben CCleaner

Thanks for picking this up, I have raised it as a bug for our developers to look into. I will let you know once it has been fixed

• 2 months later...
On 24.1.2019 at 12:37, Ben Piriform said:

Thanks for picking this up, I have raised it as a bug for our developers to look into. I will let you know once it has been fixed

January - now month 4, at least 5 times cc cleaner new update came, without asking, to middle of screen?

i have all time had manual setting to updates, so , well.. i know there promised let me know when fixed, but sounds weird this many new cc -cleaner updates,

and still manual settings not fixed? People not want to slow down their internet connection, this is reason why these unwanted web traffic should not happen.

I actually prefer manually like to update check most of my programs.

This update offer though only comes when i open cc-cleaner program, which better than if it would appear to above all other, like when watch movie or do some work.

..and worse of it all, when i have paid for this program, it should be better than free version. Of course updating is way better in paid version, more slow

it would be update in free version.

Edited by user20182019
more information about version i use