I've Recovered my files but now I want to know the directories!!!

zonkler

I have recovered the files and put all of them in a singular folder. After doing so, I closed the application. I have all of the files in a folder but I do not know the original directories. A lot of them had something like "C:\?\testing\1.txt", that was something to go off of but now I just have the files and no knowledge of knowing where it came from. In the recovery folder it is just "1.txt" for example. I thought I could just do the scan again and see the directories and files again but I am wrong. Now I know I can do "Save list to text file..." in the right click options but that is just giving uncovered files, not the files I recovered...

Please help! Is there any way to know the directories for the recovered files when I did not save the list of recovered files? For instance, a hidden Recuva files recovered list output.txt of sorts?

• Moderators

There are no logs with Recuva (writing to a device when attempting a recovery is a no-no), and there is no directory info with the recovered files. You should rerun the scan, go into Advanced Mode, open Options/Actions, check Restore Folder Structure towards the bottom, and then run the recovery. You say you can't run the scan again - why?