Password "incorrect"

Léon

Every time I try to sign in, I get the message that my password is incorrect.

I make a new password and after the first signing in and out the same message comes again.

Five times now.

How to solve?

• Moderators

Do you mean logging into this website?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Does the password maybe contain a symbol that could be breaking it. Moderators do not have access to high-level things as passwords for accounts, so i'll flag the admin team on this.

Edit: I've moved this topic to the lounge as it's not a ccleaner issue.

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I think that what Leon is attempting to describe is the automatic logout after a period of 'inactivity'. (Translation Problem?)
I think that when he says 'make a new password' he is meaning he has to re-enter his password and log in again.

Leon,

Tick the 'remember me' box when you are logging in, this will stop you from being logged out automatically.

Clipboard01.jpg.0f7e4f4255844d6980bd855686b9a336.jpg

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hello Mr. nukecad,

Your assumptions are 100% inappropriate.

After I leave the forum for maybe 3 hours (of course “Remember me” is switched on), I need to sign in again.

After that I want to log in and then my password is said to be “incorrect”. The whole “new password”-procedure starts again.

This happened already (about) 12 times in the last few days.

• Moderators

Fine, it was just a suggestion.

I never get logged out automatically like that.
I only get logged out if I click the 'Sign Out' button, or if I close my browser and clear the cache.

You seem to have 2 problems here,
The automatic logging out.
Your password not being recognised when you try to log in again.

It's going to take someone with Administrator access to the forum software to sort out just why this is happening, Nergal says he has already asked them to take a look.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hello Ben Piriform, 

Your question was answered already: 

Posted Wednesday at 8:06 (see above): 

„Just letters and numbers. Very simple. Original password existed since years“.

Hello hazelnut,

-Since I installed 5.49: could be. Not sure.

-Smart Cleaning/Monitoring is off.

-Browser is Waterfox, but I tried Opera as well and there the same problem presents itself.

Hello hazelnut,

How can there be a connection between the CCleaner program and this forum? You can participate in this forum if CCleaner is not installed at all, I would think.

Or do I see this wrong?

Should I not remove my account here and create a new one?

• Moderators

I was just wondering if there was any connection as it seems such an unusual thing to happen especially as you have nothing really unusual in your password (you say, I cannot see it of course)

As  to removing  and making a new  account, perhaps wait and see what the admin above says. @Ben Piriform

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Guest Ben CCleaner

I think this should now be solved. I believe the problem was relating to the accented é in your Display Name. When logging in it was trying to log you into a different users account (Leon) despite the accent being present. As the other users last and only post/login was back in 2006 I have deleted their account and it appears to have fixed it.

@Léon I had to change your password to test this so please can I ask you to update it one last time and then let me know how it goes over the next few days.

Thanks

Hello Ben Piriform,

Since I was born, my name is Léon and I used this name since I joined this forum. Strange that the account confusion you described, suddenly began.

I made a new password again and am very hopeful that the problem is solved now. After 3, 4 or 5 days, I will place a status report in this forum thread.

Thank you already for your efforts!