Downloading Updated Version

tdomenech

Each time I start ccleaner, I get a message that a new version is available....I download it (not at all sure where it goes) and it appears to be downloading somewhere but I cannot find it and/or it is NOT updated.  Next time I start...same message...."new version is available."  I've used this program for years and have never had this problem.

• Moderators

Answer here

Moved to ccleaner bug reports

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

tdomenech , after you download the new version go into my pc or this pc ( depending on the version of windows you have ) and you should have a folder named downloads. open that and you'll see the new version. open it and run it and your done. now i am not sure what you have , but if you have a folder titled downloads you can try there as well. once you download the new version you can delete the old download of the previous version. say V1234 is the previous version and you download the new version V1235 , you can delete V1234. to make sure you have the new version you can go into your control panel and go in your programs and it should be listed there as well. Take your time and hope this helps. Don B.

MY PC OR YOUR COMPUTER FOLDER.png