Quick Clean

• Moderators

Could you give more information?

As far as I am aware CCleaner 'Quick Clean' is an Android widget and is not availabe with the Windows version?
https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/212565758-What-is-the-Quick-Clean-Widget-

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Quick Clean is the Feature Preview in 5.48.

It a 'simplified'  version of the cleaner and obviously the above poster is one of the 'chosen' downloaders who has had this installed in his build.

Apparently Quick Clean is the default clean when it is in the Feature Preview build but can be switched to custom clean via Options..Settings.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Cheers Hazel,

I've not got round to looking at 5.48 yet. Let alone any 'feature previews'.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Mmm...

I see a potential problem when we get questions on the forum about 'new features' we have no idea about and can't try/test.

At least the Piriform staff (Stephen, Ben) seem more active recently so should be able to answer them?

Maybe a new sub-forum for "Preview Features" would be a good idea. (As long as the user realises it's a preview that's the problem).

Interesting about the only some people have it. I guess I'm one of the ones that has it (I just assumed it was part of the new version.) It does mention down the bottom it's a preview of quick clean, (i.e. when you select quick clean from the options on the side), however it is also in the release version (that I downloaded via the piriform site), so it's not to be confused with running the beta or a preview version of ccleaner, although the potential for that confusion is definitely high.

@Granpa BARRY, to clarify, when you say it hangs at 17% do you mean during the analysis ?. (i.e despite personally not being on Windows 1809, the analysis part completed for me, I backed out after that as I like to know more detail on what is actually going to be cleaned before cleaning, so I didn't test the actual cleaning phase.) But figured I'd ask this, since there does appear to be two phases to the operation, not that you would know there was a second phase if it hung during first (analysis) one.

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 10/27/2018 at 15:16, Grandpa BARRY said:

Just installed latest version of CCLEANER, I am at Windows 10 1809.

Quick Clean hangs after 17%

Custom Clean works...

Hi Grandpa BARRY

How long did CCleaner hang at 17%?

Did you receive any prompts to close any open applications?

What does CCleaner say it is Analyzing under 'Junk' & 'Privacy'?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also 'previewing' the Quick Clean (on Windows Vista Home Premium)

But with me--what it does is ... it tells me (when I click the analyze button) that I've got 5Mb of junk. So I start the CClean, then I put my computer on Sleep mode (while the CCleaner's still running). Then I come back & see that the CClean erased TWENTY-ONE MB of junk! 

Did my 'putting the computer on Sleep-mode' ADD 16MB of junk, or did CCleaner mis-count?

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 11/7/2018 at 15:20, rabst said:

I'm also 'previewing' the Quick Clean (on Windows Vista Home Premium)

But with me--what it does is ... it tells me (when I click the analyze button) that I've got 5Mb of junk. So I start the CClean, then I put my computer on Sleep mode (while the CCleaner's still running). Then I come back & see that the CClean erased TWENTY-ONE MB of junk! 

Did my 'putting the computer on Sleep-mode' ADD 16MB of junk, or did CCleaner mis-count?

Hi there,

This one had us stumped for a while and but, in the past week, one of our testers worked it out. In your case this could be due to a rule in the 'Advanced' settings:

• Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 24 hours

It's possible that when you analyzed there really was only 5MB of Junk older than 24 hours' old. Then, later in time, when you hit 'Clean', an additional 16MB of Junk is no longer less than a day old, so CCleaner cleans it. To prove this, you could temporarily uncheck the rule and perform a few cleans. To do this test properly you should do it 24 hours' after you have been using your PC and browsing online. If the numbers are suddenly consistent, we know for your case this is the cause.

We're thinking about how to improve this experience. Let us know if you have any bright ideas!

I'm another one of the guinea pigs for Quick Clean on Windows, 7 in my case, and I didn't like it at first sight.

I realise, particularly in this case as it's designed for Android, that a lot of software is designed for touch screens, but to me it's more than irritating when I get gigantic buttons or the like on an ordinary desktop monitor. Surely it can't be that difficult to offer an option of a touch screen or not UI?

I didn't notice the Custom Clean option so clicked on Quick Clean. I disliked it even more when I discovered it had wiped my last X months of Internet History, despite my previous installations have had that de-selected. Also, I noticed there was no option to see what was cleaned. That's a minor irritation from a few upgrades ago, having to click again to see the results.

The last straw was when I came to register. I understand perfectly the need for anti-bot systems but after answering a security question to still have to deal with the infuriating Google reCaptcha meant I nearly gave up.

I've switched the start screen to Custom Clean in >Options > Settings but I'd prefer it to go away permanently.
Have I got to wait for another update, or as it's been installed once, am I stuck with it?

To me, it seems poor design to introduce something in a trusted program that at a glance just looks like another UI change but when used it overrides the previous settings.

I'm extremely irritated about the History being deleted and I don't want any chance of it happening again.

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 11/10/2018 at 15:01, Ken Edmonds said:

I've switched the start screen to Custom Clean in >Options > Settings but I'd prefer it to go away permanently.
Have I got to wait for another update, or as it's been installed once, am I stuck with it?

To me, it seems poor design to introduce something in a trusted program that at a glance just looks like another UI change but when used it overrides the previous settings.

I'm extremely irritated about the History being deleted and I don't want any chance of it happening again.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the feedback, we'll have a think about how to improve this. Although we did try to accommodate people who prefer the more advanced options by inheriting the 'Cleaning Results' setting, it seems we didn't do the right thing in your case. If the cleaning results setting was set to 'Advanced Results' or 'Show as a File List', 'Quick Clean' would not have been made your default, but this doesn't cover the combination of default cleaning results view ('Cleaning Summary') with non-default cleaning rules.

As you have explicitly set Custom Clean as your default, this will not be overridden in future builds unless you click the 'Restore Defaults' option, or perform an uninstall-reinstall. Over-the-top installs (a.k.a. manual software update) do not affect settings.

One reason we are splitting Quick Clean and Custom Clean is to be able to provide a cleaning experience that doesn't compromise either the advanced or standard user. In the future we will not need to disrupt the Custom Clean experience with anything not intended for advanced users, and vice versa. Hope that makes sense and I'm sorry in this case your experience was affected.