Registry command-line parameters

bandit12345

Currently I am using:    start "" "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /AUTO /SHUTDOWN     from a batch file,

I would like a registry command-line option to be added, something like:    start "" "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /SCANFIX

So both, Scan for Issues; and Fix selected Issues... can be automated.

start "" "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /SCANFIX

start "" "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /AUTO /SHUTDOWN

• Moderators

just being curious - why would you want the Registry cleaned at every start up?

you will get no speed nor space benefit but run a real risk of breaking something.
do you run Windows 10?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

It would be at shut down, just as CCleaner (and many other programs) run at shutdown via batch program.

This is because my registry undergoes heavy changes each session and as a result, many registry entries have removed value data, invalid file extensions and missing file references.

I currently use other registry cleaning software in addition to CCleaner, but if this process could be controller through command-line, it would negate the need for other programs.

P.S. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64

• Moderators

fair enough. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Please keep it civil, Thank you, Moderator.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

A response to Sn0wX.

Thank you for your “colourful” input, albeit wrong.

Registry editors have been around for decades now, and, used properly can restore lost performance in operating systems that get filled with clutter and dead file associations.

I have been using registry editors since Microsoft Windows 98SE, and manually editing registries since Windows 3.11.

Jumping to present day, I perform many custom mods and customizations to my OS’s and sometimes residual entries are inevitable. Registry cleaners are by no means a magic wand to cure OS ailments, but they certainly have advantages, especially when it comes to uninstalled third-party software/bloatware. Just recently I used nmregscrubpro to correct a file association error and associated icon error with multimedia types due to third-party webcam software. I strongly agree that novice users can cause irreparable damage to an OS, and I’m guessing you might fit into this category, but people such as myself who have been working/modding registries since the early 90’s rely on registry cleaners, especially when heavy usage is the case.

Judging by your tone on your other posts, I strongly suggest you close your computer, go out for a smoke and perhaps find some other means to de-stress. Especially when your input is wrong.

But keep smiling! ;)

• Moderators

There must be some deleted posts - this thread is now confusing with the last couple of posts making no sense nor providing any help.

thread closed.

• mta locked this topic