CCleaner Beta v5.47.6700

Guest Ben CCleaner

Guest Ben CCleaner

This release contains major bug fixes and new cleaning rules. Please let us know if this release fixes these issues for you, and please also let us know if you find any additional bugs or issues.

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed cleaning not working from Recycle Bin context menu

- Fixed command line cleaning (/Auto switch)

- Fixed issue where some users were incorrectly told they were in an embargoed country ('CCleaner not allowed in your location')

New Edge Cleaning Rule:

- New Saved Cards cleaning option (e.g. credit card information)

- Saved Form Information now also cleans the auto-fill forms

Download:

https://www.ccleaner.com/go/get_beta

ccsetup547_beta.exe - CCleaner Beta - Slim Installer
MD5: 75c551470d02115d3d062982fb5b49e5
SHA256: 2ea44d8a8e4d2955134ffb54aae9bbd3d0ba9b4fcff08604d336e652718b7966

Guest Ben CCleaner
7 minutes ago, APMichael said:

But still not fixed: crashing in Windows Safe Mode (boot option 4).

Thanks for the feedback Michael, can you elaborate more on the safe mode crash? What action were you performing when it crashes?

• Moderators

I'm not sure if this is the same problem but I had occasion to run 5.46 in safe mode, no networking, (boot option 4) a few days ago.
(Win 10 home 64-bit, 1803, build 17134.254)

I tried an analyze and CC closed as soon as the analyze completed, before the results could be read.

I tried this twice and then left it at that and did not bother trying a clean while still in safe mode.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

1 hour ago, Ben Piriform said:

Thanks for the feedback Michael, can you elaborate more on the safe mode crash? What action were you performing when it crashes?

Like nukecad has described already: CC disappears without any error message as soon as "Analyze" or "Run Cleaner" reaches 100%. JFYI: This doesn't happen when using "Safe Mode with Networking" (boot option 5).

• Moderators

if you believe the original reasoning for the emergency updater, it should always be 'turned on' - in fact, it should not even be able to be turned off for the very reason it was initially offered - to push an emergency update out to the users.

but now with the sneaky, back-door use (abuse) of it also forcing regular updates (and who knows what else) to their users, ccupdate.exe should be, in my humble opinion, deleted on sight.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on but it appears that CCleaner v5.47.6701 was released to the public yesterday (18-Sep-2018) at https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download and then quickly pulled because of a bug where Options | Privacy | Help Improve CCleaner by Sending Anonymous Usage Data would automatically re-enable itself at the next launch after being disabled by the user.  See patrickdrd's 18-Sep-2018 post in the thread CC 5.44.6575: /Auto and Trash Bin Context "Run" No Longer Works and Stephen Piriform's response <here> about v5.46 being re-posted to the update servers.

Can any of the beta testers reproduce this bug with beta version CCleaner Beta v5.47.6700, or was this "bug" introduced in v5.47.6701?
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * NS v22.15.1.8 * CCleaner Portable v5.46.6652

Edited by lmacri
Date correction