Browser Smart Cleaning options

Darkbluesky

Hi, I am using browser cleaning in the Smart Cleaning tab, but I find a problem that seems to make this function hard to use in my case. To be brief: I want CCleaner to delete everything on browser exit EXCEPT the history. Is a way to do that?

I have already unchecked browser history in CCleaner options 'Cleaner' (the first option/tab at the top in CCleaner options) for all the installed browsers, and performed a manual cleaning, just in case, but CCleaner keeps deleting everything for the browsers checked under 'browser cleaning', under Smart Cleaning.

Could someone help me to tell keep CCleaner from deleting browser history, please?

Tx!

• Moderators

As long as you've unchecked history in the browser you're using (second tab for 3rd party/non-microsoft browsers like chrome and firefox) it should follow those rules you set. Which browser are you using? I.e. Or edge?

Edit:

I could not recreate this in edge.  With the caveat that I unchecked history in both edge and internet explorer (in case MS had merged the two).

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I am using Edge, so it seems to be a CCleaner bug? I did not test with Firefox or Chrome.

I could not use Edge own clean-on-exit options because it would delete some cookies that I need to keep, (which CCleaner allows me to do, while deleting the rest). Really, the best option is CCleaner if only it would work for Edge as it should…

Edit: Just tested with Firefox and Chrome, CCleaner works correctly with these both. But I use Edge 99% of time because of different characteristics I prefer/need.

Edit2: Just checked and unchecked another time in CCleaner the 'History' for Edge and now it works (!?). Not really reassuring as it seems unpredictable...Should I report this in the CCleaner Bug report forum?

• 10 months later...
  • Moderators
11 hours ago, Betty Well said:

I like to use [competition software] to clean up browser traces, historical records, etc.Browser Cleanup lets you clean up junk files, cookies, and history, eliminate deceleration reasons, clear privacy traces to protect your confidential data and more. It is performed on Mac OS and Mac OS X. 

As this is an official company website i've edited the competition software name out of your post, I'm sure you can understand.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

On 01/08/2019 at 10:37, Betty Well said:

I like to use [competition software] to clean up browser traces, historical records, [competition software] lets you clean up junk files, cookies, and history, eliminate deceleration reasons, clear privacy traces to protect your confidential data and more. It is performed on Mac OS and Mac OS X. 

I have already unchecked browser history in CCleaner options 'Cleaner' (the first option/tab at the top in CCleaner options) for all the installed browsers, and performed a manual cleaning, just in case, but CCleaner keeps deleting everything for the browsers checked under 'browser cleaning', under Smart Cleaning.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, amekassa32 said:

I have already unchecked browser history in CCleaner options 'Cleaner' (the first option/tab at the top in CCleaner options) for all the installed browsers,

As I stated above you need to uncheck it for firefox/chrome in their respective sections on the applications (2nd) tab