CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Antivirus software 'is being defeated'

Quote:

According to the results of the AusCERT 2006 computer crime survey, even though 98 percent of companies used an antivirus product, almost half of them experienced a virus infection over the past year.

Story

Doesn't surprise me one bit especially when companies let employees surf the web, or unknowingly have employees surfing the web. The bank my mom works for uses Internet Explorer to run all sorts of stuff built to run in IE, I cringed when she told me that.

Especially when nobody gets infected by viruses anymore; it's all about spyware (which antivirus apps do nothing for).

malware is now becoming a major problem simply because many users don't know what it is or how to stop it. And in reality its fairly easy to stop and prevent.

malware is now becoming a major problem simply because many users don't know what it is or how to stop it. And in reality its fairly easy to stop and prevent.

Agreed. :P

If people would just take Andavari's advice about layered security the HJT forum wouldn't be so damn swamped all the time. lmao