Remember screen location

I am running XP Pro SP2 fully updated, CCleaner current version (1.29.295). I notice that CCleaner (and certain other programs, after I run CCleaner) "forget" their assigned locations on my screen and will not relearn them. Major, hardened applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Firefox, etc.) seem unaffected. But other applicatons, and some extensions/add-ons to the foregoing, do seem affected. I realize that this could be a design problem in some cases, but in other cases, these are programs that have previously remembered their assigned location and size without any problem.

In CCleaner, I have unchecked Cleaner > Windows > Window Size/Location Cache.

Anybody else experiencing this problem? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Elchanan

Why? And why does the problem appear to persist, meaning that some applications seem unable to find their window positions anew?

And for that matter, why does CCleaner itself not seem to remember its window location and size?

Perplexed...seems that this should <tm> be so easy...

Elchanan

• Moderators

There are some apps out there that never remember their window size for instance if you have them maximized they never load maximized. Such apps need to be manually sized to near max in order for them not to default to a smaller size, as annoying as it may seem I have several apps that have that problem which were evident prior to me ever using CCleaner.

As for CCleaner itself forgetting its own window size I know if the CCleaner /AUTO parameter is used on either of my two systems CCleaner will always start at a smaller size versus what I want which is maximized.

I think your issues will require some investigation on your part since most application window sizing/location is done via a subkey in their registry settings. Also restart your PC if you haven't done so in a long time - I have no ideal if that will actually fix anything however it's worth a try if the problem continues.