Folks please confirm or refute: CC doesn't empty Recyle Bin

Arbie

EDIT - 

Nevermind.  After all that, I find that it's a known issue with 5.44.6575.  Wasted my time again.

====================================

Windows 10 x64, all updates.  CCleaner 5.44.6575.  The option to keep files less than 24 hours old is disabled.

Using right-click menu on Recycle Bin, if I choose "Run CCleaner", the RB is not emptied.

If instead I choose "Open CCleaner", then within that click on lower-right button "Run CCleaner", the RB is emptied.

==> Does this happen for other people?  Or does the right-click "Run CCleaner" work OK for you?

I have tried deleting / restoring the Recycle Bin in case it was corrupted.  No change in symptoms.

[Speculation:  This is a fairly new problem and may be due to a Windows update.  When I actually open CCleaner and then tell it to clean (the second path above), it always asks if I want to close MS Edge, even when I have just rebooted.  I have to tell CC to proceed anyway.  Is it possible that in the more automated right-click menu "Run CCLeaner" this (bogus?) question about MS Edge is preventing CC from doing anything?]

• 1 month later...