Recycler on D:

I have two partitions on my HD.

For the recycle bin I use the 'use one setting for all drives' option, and the 'do not move files to the recycle bin' option is unchecked.

When I run CCleaner (v 1.29.295) it empties the recycle bin on the C: drive.

When I run the MS Windows backup utility it shows me that the recycler for the C: drive is empty, but the recycler on the D: drive is still loaded with deleted files.

Running Win XP prof, all patches applied.

Don't know if this is a CC bug or not, it just seems weird to me......

I could be wrong but I think CCleaner only cleans the drive/partition to which it is installed. To clean another drive/partition, you should be able to use Custom Files and Folders.

I could be wrong but I think CCleaner only cleans the drive/partition to which it is installed. To clean another drive/partition, you should be able to use Custom Files and Folders.

Thanks for responding!

I went along this path, but it appears that hidden files and folders are not displayed in CC when you use Options / Custom / Add folder.

Although I checked in the Windows folder view the option to display hidden files and folders, this apparently is not carried forward to CC.

Recycle Bin is just a desktop link.

The real folder should be in D:\RECYCLER\ and have a folder name like S-1-5-21-343818398-2146017927-1417001333-13029

In Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View, you may have to deselect "Hide protected operating system files" in order to see it.

In Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View, you may have to deselect "Hide protected operating system files" in order to see it.

Thanks! That option was checked. Now it is unchecked I can tell CC to clean the recycler on D:

Thanks again!

I believe that, once CCleaner is set up to clean the necessary folder, you can hide the protected system files again. It's safer and less visible clutter.

I can confirm that, after hiding the protected files, the recycler on D: is still visible in CC options / custom.

That is nice, as I did not like the protected files to be 'exposed' all the time in Windows explorer.

Thanks for your assistance!