Adverse Reaction To Cleaner - Will They Do Anything ?

CCleaner has gone from being one of the best tools to one with bloatware. I understand that Ccleaner was aquired by Avast which I happen to like and have it installed on my machine. Does anyone know where the latest slim,build of ccleaner is, which hopefully doesn't contain anything nasty ?

If suggestions are not forthcoming I will go to my favorite download site and look for other cleaners.

The arrogance of Avast/Piriform amazes me. If the moderators don't like negative feedback they remove peoples posts ! Not very democratic.

Return Ccleaner back to its original CLEAN and trustworthy self !!! or I'm off.

• Moderators

First of all, moderators do NOT remove threads that have negative feedback. Heck, some of my fellow moderators post negative feedback about the last few versions. Second, when it's released (usually a few weeks after bundled release), slim build can be gotten from http://ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds (slim installer for latest has not yet been published as of this writing)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I'll second that.

I like CC, I have commented negatively and started a couple of negative threads recently. It's customer feedback.

Sometimes I get an answer I like, sometimes not.

If any one of my criticisms had been removed/deleted then I would not still be here.

This is a user forum, all users have varied tolerance levels.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Just to make it abundantly clear, the ONLY threads or posts we delete are those of spammers and even that is automated by our clicking that they're a spammer

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Nergal said:

Just to make it abundantly clear, the ONLY threads or posts we delete are those of spammers and even that is automated by our clicking that they're a spammer

and to add to that, for me, when a post does not follow the forum rules, I will remove it.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

OK , I apologise you do not actually remove messages but to the best of my knowledge you do "lock" the subject if that is correct term to certain messages. It is only recently I have found out by chance that slimbuilds of ccleaner have been available in the past and there appears to be a current  "portable" version that only gets flagged by one site on virustotal, which gives me some hope . ****How come you do not mention to people the slim or portable versions of ccleaner ? *** Or should we put 2 and 2 together ourselves ?

As a workaround I installed the portable version of ccleaner on a usb stick, it works fine.

CCleaner was always my favorite cleaner so I am pleased that I have been able to get to a compromise and continue to use the programme.

I also like Avast and AVG . AVG I think has less features than Avast but I am pleased to be able to use both these antivirus tools, on seperate machines of course.

• Moderators

I'd suggest reading old topics and posts on the forums first before immediately accusing the moderation team for this and that without any facts to backup those accusations. We've told people numerous times over the years about Slim and Portable, and have even posted a link to the official download page countless times.

The whole moderation team are all volunteers not one of us is employed by Piriform/Avast, we are normal users of the software like everyone else, the only difference is we can deal with spammers, rude offensive posts, and the ability to point Piriform to posts they should look into such as this system crushing issue.

Also another fact: Keep pointing the finger and rubbing people the wrong way and you may have a very difficult time getting mod volunteers to even bother with helping you.