CC 5.44.6575: /Auto and Trash Bin Context "Run" no longer works

Very unfortunate that there is just complete silence on this issue that has been around for two versions now, 5.44 and 5.45. 5.43 works as expected.

Always a little sad when a program I have used and admired for many years comes to the end of its lifecycle.

I don't have Malwarebytes installed.

With version 5.45.6611 here's what's happening.

Right clicking on the Recycle bin and selecting Run cCleaner appears to Analyze only.

Selecting Run cCleaner a second time then appears to clean.

I say "appears" only because I have not tested it extensively.

Hope this helps the developers.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 32bit.

• 4 weeks later...

new version is out today and the bug wasn't fixed,

"auto" switch still doesn't work,

I just tried it without any kind of malwarebytes installed,

and I don't think it will ever get fixed,

because I don't think they understood that there's a problem,

in any case, don't update guys

Guest Stephen CCleaner
24 minutes ago, jaddorf said:

I just started a new thread for this since this initial thread on the issue was opened more than 60 days ago.

We don't need two threads for one issue. Now that we have published a new build to replace v5.45, we can start working on this fix. We have identified where the problem is.

9 minutes ago, Stephen Piriform said:

We don't need two threads for one issue. Now that we have published a new build to replace v5.45, we can start working on this fix. We have identified where the problem is.

That would be nice - thanks.

Nicer would be not waiting another month to see the fix.

This is still not fixed in CCleaner 5.46.6652 for systems with Windows 10x64 Pro and most likely other versions of Windows.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

No it isn't, and you'd think that Piriform would've been on it because clearly their most loyal users are the folks who know what a command-line switch is...

It would be nice to have a quick fix and release, and not wait a third - or is it fourth - month for this fix.

• Moderators
On 7/8/2018 at 11:27, jsmorley said:

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" "/AUTO"

The quotes you have around /AUTO could cause it to not work.

Here's the command:

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO

The command line above does not work on my systems unless I drop back to V5.43 which I have done again.  Prior to V5.44, the shown command line has worked for years.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

• Moderators

I don't think it's too hard to do, but more of a case that the devs held all other bugs while they made a large overhaul of the monitoring system of ccleaner to get us .46 as soon as they could.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, CCleaner Beta v5.47.6700 does resolve this issue.  Thanks very, very much!

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, nolan_vode said:

Is there a free version of 5.43 portable available anywhere?  I can't find one.

thanks

Old versions of the portable builds are not archieved.  If you have further questions, please start a new thread as this topic is concerning a different issue.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

1 hour ago, patrickdrd said:

ok I installed 5.47, auto cleaning works, but I cannot opt out of sending data, I uncheck "Help improve CCleaner by sending anonymous usage data" and it becomes checked again each time! any way I can make it go permanently?

I can confirm this bug! (Workaround: add HelpImproveCCleaner=0 to ccleaner.ini or the registry.)

Guest Stephen CCleaner
41 minutes ago, bob3160 said:

What's the bug ??? How does it effect us if we've already done a cleaning with this new version ???

The bug relates to a user preference not correctly saving. It does not affect cleaning in any way.