Intrusive CCleaner pop-up.

nukecad

• Moderators

And the 'Summer Sale' pop-up is back on my laptop today.

I haven't changed any setting in either CC or Windows.

I did make a couple of manual Restore Points yesterday, and updated Firefox to v61 (which crashed and had to repair itself), but I don't see those being relevent.
I also ran scans with both Windows Defender and MB3.5, but again don't see why that should change anything.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I still use CCleaner, and Speccy both, but I went back to versions prior to the Avast buyout.

I'm now running CCleaner V-5.32 and Speccy V-1.29 (both pre-Avast versions) on Win 7, 32-bit and 64-bit computers.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, HawkDawg said:

I'm now running CCleaner V-5.32

I'm using the same version too, pre-Avast era! I had archived all of their freeware last year in July 2017 just in case... ...and just in case became very handy a few minutes ago!

Do note you'll have to keep bugs like this in mind using that old version:
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/51819-font-cache-breaks-windows-10-version-1803/

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
On 11/21/2018 at 05:37, hazelnut said:

In the popup click on the little paper pin symbol next to the x 

That should unpin it and stop it appearing again.

Sorry to say this does not work :(

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I started with Ccleaner shortly after win 98 was released, these folks have done remarkable work over the years. I am sorry to say goodbye, however no one has my permission to send me these advertisements. Piriform has become the problem, not the solution. 19 years, and you people can't even ask permission. Thanks for the help, but your site has become criminal.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Pro version actually has an opt-out where you can disable "show offers for our other products".  It's under the Options\Privacy tab.  If I hadn't already owned it, I probably wouldn't have made the purchase with all the annoying pop-ups but since I already did own it, I went hunting for it. 

It works - no more pop-ups.:D

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 12:37, Sherrye123 said:

The Pro version actually has an opt-out where you can disable "show offers for our other products".  It's under the Options\Privacy tab.  If I hadn't already owned it, I probably wouldn't have made the purchase with all the annoying pop-ups but since I already did own it, I went hunting for it. 

It works - no more pop-ups.:D

I have the latest pro version 5.59.7230 and am getting the pop up trying to sell me the pro version!  The setting mentioned is unchecked as well!  Very annoying.......

• Admin
1 hour ago, gotogordon said:

I have the latest pro version 5.59.7230 and am getting the pop up trying to sell me the pro version!  

Was that the summer sale? You may have got the offer for expired users - which was supposed to say why you were getting it but instead went out with the same content as for the free users.  DM me your serial key and/or registered email address and I'll check to make sure there's nothing else funny going on.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

2 hours ago, Dave CCleaner said:

Was that the summer sale? You may have got the offer for expired users - which was supposed to say why you were getting it but instead went out with the same content as for the free users.  DM me your serial key and/or registered email address and I'll check to make sure there's nothing else funny going on.

Yes summer sale.  Expired?  Is it not a lifetime license?  Mine was purchased years ago. I still have the disc and nowhere does it mention it's a subscription.  

• 8 months later...

In windows 10 go to local disk C or what ever your disk is named go to program files and not the one with x86 at the end go to CCleaner folder open it find the exe named CCleaner Updater if you hold your mouse over it will say emergency updater " Delete That exe and your popups will stop until the next time you update the program" but don't be surprised if the update function within the program does not work. 👌