Useless new Privacy 'menu'?

The version history for Defraggler v2.22.995 (22 May 2018) states "Added new Privacy menu Installer".

The release announcement for Defraggler v2.22.995 (22 May 2018) states "Added new Privacy menu".

First of all, where is this supposed new Privacy 'menu'? I  see NO new menus in Defraggler! All I see is the following new Privacy tab added under Options:

Defraggler_Privacy_Crap.png.ef00d1bc4a22ef163b5065c67e3a5011.png

Which brings me to my second question - what in blazes does CCleaner's Privacy Policy have to do with Defraggler?

Last but certainly not the least - does Defraggler also collect data now to be shared by default with 3rd parties as CCleaner does? And if so, where's the ****ing checkbox to disable this nonsense like CCleaner at least offers?

CCleaner_Privacy_Crap.png.b238136b8c6a36b0f8c05f831718b352.png

• Moderators

Whoops.... classic case of lazy programmers and lack of testing. :lol:

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Admin

Hi windefragger, 

A few months ago it became apparent that Piriform.com probably wasn’t the most suitably titled home for CCleaner. So, to better align our website with CCleaner’s growing international presence and product portfolio, we moved it to CCleaner.com. Now we are branded as CCleaner and are gently retiring Piriform (although the same Piriform team here develop all our products). So the CCleaner Privacy Policy covers all our products: CCleander, Defraggler, Speccy and Recuva.

Also when the Version history and release announcement refer to a new privacy menu they are referring to the privacy tab in the options menu.

• Moderators

I find it really odd that after all these years it has been decided that Piriform wasn't the 'correct' title. Everyone knows who Piriform is, and has always been.

It would have been easier to keep the Piriform title and just put a link in every product to Piriform Privacy Policy.

I mean, it seems totally 'odd' to link a product such as Speccy or Defraggler to a privacy policy which has the name of another product.

I sometimes wonder who dreams up these decisions :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

so how do users know that when you say CCleaner you are referring to the company or the program?

"For a description of the data CCleaner collects and how CCleaner uses it..."

so if a user sees that in CCleaner (yep, I'm talking about the program), the first reference is to a Company and the second to a Program - or is it???
that's confusing and ridiculous.

that's on par to every tool on a mechanics bench being called a 'spanner'... :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 6/20/2018 at 15:47, hazelnut said:

Everyone knows who Piriform is, and has always been.

This could not be further than the truth if it were uttered by El Presidente himself.

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 6/21/2018 at 01:44, mta said:

so how do users know that when you say CCleaner you are referring to the company or the program?

"For a description of the data CCleaner collects and how CCleaner uses it..."

so if a user sees that in CCleaner (yep, I'm talking about the program), the first reference is to a Company and the second to a Program - or is it???
that's confusing and ridiculous.

that's on par to every tool on a mechanics bench being called a 'spanner'... :lol:

It's a bug and it will be fixed in the next DF release. The GDPR period was not a fun time for anyone in any software company.

• Moderators

@stephen,

this is exactly the kind of comments you (Piriform) should be making in the open forum.
it gives CCleaner (the Company) a 'human face' - something sorely missing for ages.

• Moderators

^THIS!

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com