cannot complete the cd writing wizard

• Moderators

You need to supply more information so that people can help you, we don't read minds.

• What operating system and service pack you're using.
  • What CD writing software and version you're using.
  • What ASPI driver/layer and version you're using: e.g.; Adaptec/Roxio, Sonic, Vob ASAPI, Nero, etc.

From the get go I'd suspect either the CD writing software is fouled up or your ASPI driver/layer is broken.

You need to supply more information so that people can help you, we don't read minds.

• What operating system and service pack you're using.

• What CD writing software and version you're using.

• What ASPI driver/layer and version you're using: e.g.; Adaptec/Roxio, Sonic, Vob ASAPI, Nero, etc.

From the get go I'd suspect either the CD writing software is fouled up or your ASPI driver/layer is broken.

1.)Windows Xp Pro service pack 2

2.)Unknown. Whatever the windows xp bundled. It says in the error message that the software is supplied by Roxio but gives no details as to what vesion.

3.) I do have nero as well which works fine.

I agree it seems to be software related as everything works except the write function with the windows xp software. I just don't know how to reinstall,upgade, or fix it.

thanks for your time!

Rex

• Moderators

2.)Unknown. Whatever the windows xp bundled. It says in the error message that the software is supplied by Roxio but gives no details as to what vesion.

Ahh, well it's pure crap and best used when on someone elses PC to quickly write something to disc, your better off using your copy of Nero.

Anyways you may need to disable and then re-enable the built-in WinXP cd writing support by opening My Computer and then clicking upon your writer drive to disable it, and then re-enable it. I have no ideals if doing that will work.

Ahh, well it's pure crap and best used when on someone elses PC to quickly write something to disc, your better off using your copy of Nero.

Anyways you may need to disable and then re-enable the built-in WinXP cd writing support by opening My Computer and then clicking upon your writer drive to disable it, and then re-enable it. I have no ideals if doing that will work.

I appreciate your suggestions. I believe I have found the solution after four days. I went to cd properties then clicked auto play tab/ Select Blank cd/checked "prompt me each time to close an action/ apply

The cd writing wizard started working again.

I think it is simply that windows is the anti christ!!!!!!

• Moderators

The cd writing wizard started working again.

Hopefully it doesn't disable itself again, it's stopped working on my system more times than I can count - however I only use it to quick erase CD-RW's. I don't use it because it's too finicky when you try to write an .exe file from another computer that needs to be first unblocked, such .exe files are some Microsoft Updates, etc., it's very annoying to have to deal with that when other CD/DVD writing programs don't complain about those files.