5.43 -- Still Broken

I have found this to be the case as well. I disabled Kaspersky, uninstalled 5.42 then reinstalled 5.43, rebooted etc. Still not working. Closes immediately after selecting "run cleaner". Using Windows 10.

Edited by NancieF
Added detail

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hey guys, as per the changelog, we did not prioritise these issues for this release because other issues affecting a greater number of users took priority.

We have a speculative fix for the Kaspersky issue in test for the June release. The Server 2008 issue is not scheduled to be fixed for the next release.

For the record, I have no Kaspersky AV products in my environments.     CC 5.41 worked fine on WS2008R2.   Both released builds of 5.42 and 5.43 all break in the same fashion when trying to "Run Cleaner"

As Stephen from Piriform mentioned, this does not seem to be about any particular AV product, but rather just general functionality.

Something changed, starting with CCleaner v5.42, and now with CCleaner v5.43 - neither appears to work on either Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008.

Here is a screenshot from a Windows 2008 server.

CCleaner 5.43 on Win 2008 Server.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

I will also confirm CCleaner 543 crashes on "Run Cleaner". 
Not a huge deal to me, I'm current running 541 and it works just fine for now. Thanks for the great app.
Also... I noticed when downloading 543, the file name is "ccsetup543 (1).exe". Made me think I already downloaded the new version once before :P

24th 18903I downloaded and installed version 5.43 successfully, but when executed, it always terminated when I clicked on "Continue". I reverted to 5.42, which I had installed on 18th May, and it worked for awhile, then it also began to close down at the same point. I shut down my laptop (Lenovo with Windows Home 10, vsn 1803, installed 24th May), restarted and re-installed 5.43 and then 5.42 again, and still they simply terminate when I click on "Continue". However, "Analyze" seems to work fine, displaying all the areas to be cleared.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, RonWP said:

24th 18903I downloaded and installed version 5.43 successfully, but when executed, it always terminated when I clicked on "Continue". I reverted to 5.42, which I had installed on 18th May, and it worked for awhile, then it also began to close down at the same point. I shut down my laptop (Lenovo with Windows Home 10, vsn 1803, installed 24th May), restarted and re-installed 5.43 and then 5.42 again, and still they simply terminate when I click on "Continue". However, "Analyze" seems to work fine, displaying all the areas to be cleared.

What antivirus do you use?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

On 24.5.2018 at 23:50, Jonathan Spangler said:

Something changed, starting with CCleaner v5.42, and now with CCleaner v5.43 - neither appears to work on either Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008.

perhaps a problem with virtual box thing...?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 14:48, MechEngr said:

We're running Window Small Business Server 2011 Essentials Service Pack 1 and tried to run Cleaner 5.43.  It just does nothing. 

I removed 5.43, added 5.40 and it works like a champ!

Anyone know where I can get 5.41 or earlier? 5.43 crashes on opening, while 5.44 crashes during setup.

Scratch that! I found 5.41.6446 on FileHippo.com, installed it successfully and CCleaner is now running again.

Edited by LittleTyke
Answered my own query.

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2018 at 22:58, trium said:

perhaps a problem with virtual box thing...?

No.

However, the same problem existed with v5.44 as well.

I am happy to report that starting with v5.45, it looks like Piriform has fixed whatever the issue was with 5.42, 5.43 and 5.44.

CCleaner v5.45 now appears to work once again on Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 server.

Now with Windows Server 2016, CCleaner identifies it as "Windows 10".

Anyone else seen this?