Registry Cleaner keeps causing issues in Windows 10

Hi i'm new to the group and the last few times i have used Ccleaner to clean the Registry it has cleaned something in the registry

where it makes windows 10 take forever to load up or it keeps spinning wheel loop on startup and Windows 10 only way i found to

fix it was to was to restore the backup of the registry that was made with CCleaner

any idea when this will be fixed ?

• Moderators

can you provide a screenshot of the list of registry entries you would clean, that's probably going to help the Devs pinpoint the culprit.

but on that front, why are you cleaning the registry so often, or at all?
there simply is no need and especially with the constant Win10 updates to the system, you are relying on Piriform to reflect any of those system changes into CC.

read this and see if you can't reduce/eliminate your reg cleaning habits; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I've split this into its own unique topic since the other topic about the bug associated with Font Cache was something different.

----------------

Win10 is an ever changing moving target with all the updates/upgrades it receives therefore in my opinion cleaning the registry will possibly only cause issues.