Winamp cleaning

PS3

gday CCleaner people,

can you please in the next version of ccleaner that you put in a winamp cleaner? its cleans everything else which is wanderful but it just doesnt clean winamp.

i am using the latest version of ccleaner 1.29.295.

thank you

• Moderators

Winamp runs from .ini files, and only a handful of its plugins such as Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder have settings in the registry.

Since it runs from .ini files it isn't something that CCleaner can currently clean. The only file that could possibly be cleaned would be the .m3u file in the Winamp folder which would actually be a stupid thing to clean because you'd have to reload your audio/video files everytime that .m3u file was deleted (been there and done that with Disk Cleaner).

so, are you saying that its not possible for CCleaner to get rid of winamps history without cleaning the whole thing?

• Moderators

so, are you saying that its not possible for CCleaner to get rid of winamps history without cleaning the whole thing?

Basically yeah. It isn't as easy as removing one reference from the registry. One way to get a "clean" Winamp is when installing a new version do a clean install, e.g.; uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

• 3 years later...
Basically yeah. It isn't as easy as removing one reference from the registry. One way to get a "clean" Winamp is when installing a new version do a clean install, e.g.; uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

Is this still the case with Winamp v5.56? I was messing with the Winamp internet browser and can't find references to any cleaning process.

So a few months from now I should clean install Winamp? Man, seems Winamp needs to get their stuff together and correct this. :rolleyes:

• Moderators

I honestly don't know Mike since Winamp is constantly progressing with changes. With an INI file that needs cleaned good luck finding any freeware cleaner that can deal with it properly. For CCleaner to properly clean something like that I'd think it would have to come from the powers that be the developers themselves making a proper cleaner for it rather than relying upon a winapp2.ini entry.