I run Cleaner, but I analyse again and it there are still files remaining !

Blobbeth

Hi

Windows 10, CCleaner pro v5.42

I browse with Google Chrome

I run CCleaner with all the Google Chrome options selected. It reports success with a report of number of files and cache deleted etc

I click 'analyse' just to make sure it doesn't find any files to be deleted, and it tells me there are still loads of files associated with Google Chrome still to be deleted.

I run CCleaner for a 2nd time and it reports success again, this time with no Google Chrome files or cache remaining !

Does anyone else experience this ?

Do you know why I have to run it twice with the same settings, to delete all the files ?

thanks

• Moderators

I'm not entirely sure but I think it's more likely to be with chrome syncing to your google account.

You delete the files with CC and Chrome resyncs some of them from the cloud.

You could try testing this by disconnecting from the web then cleaning and see if it still happens. If they don't come back when you have no web connection then it shows that they are being restored from the web.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043