Site blocker for the privacy minded.

Ed Shaw

Satisfied CCC customer, Pro version on WIN 7 and free version on MAC.

I am currently studying parental controls systems.  It would seem to me

a site blocking feature would be a natural tool to incorporate into CC Cleaner,

for today's privacy conscious users.

Let's say I wanted to block [removed by moderation]  ( I just made up  that name.)

• Moderators

If you want to block websites (such as the "dirty" referenced one you made up a link to which I removed) just download a HOSTS file such as the MVPS.org HOSTS File, and install an adblocker in each web browser. I think the last thing CCleaner needs is site blocking capabilities which is way outside the realm of disk cleaning.

Andavari: Thanks for that, and sorry for the inconvenience. Understand. perfectly, the position of CC Cleaner

and the fact that this is out of your area. I thought it might be in  your area.

Will  follow your lead on the HOSTS file, and take it from there.  Google (dot) com cookies find their way into my Mozilla browser, WIN7, as soon as I boot up the OS. I was hoping to block keyword google.   Thanks again.

• Moderators

It's not my area because I'm just a forum volunteer with no affiliation to Piriform/Avast with their CCleaner product, I was just stating my opinion on it not needing to block websites since there's been other solutions to achieve that as long as I've been on the web since 1998/1999.

You can use things like a HOSTS file and Adblockers in browsers to block ad servers such as "Ads by Google" since Google seems to be the one annoying you with the cookies, and it will also block other ad servers too. They will also more importantly in my opinion add an additional layer of security to your system by also blocking a ton of malware sites.

• 2 weeks later...