what is black box testing

guillermo eiland
Message added by mta

change title to be meaningful

• Moderators

I think that this is some kind of spam? (SEO promoting an actor?).

The OP is all over the web on forums and the like, always quoting that name / location more than once in each post.

He very rarely comes back to a thread after making the initial post.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Yes, he - or she - was warned in his last thread. He doesn't actually seem to spam anything but the questions are very childish.Perhaps he's never heard of Google.

• Moderators

I've never understood why some of the topics are posted to begin with. But since they aren't outright spam with links, etc., I've just ignored them since the Internet can be a weird thing.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Andavari said:

I've never understood why some of the topics are posted to begin with. But since they aren't outright spam with links, etc., I've just ignored them since the Internet can be a weird thing.

I've looked at it in the past with my moderator hat on.

It's what I call SEO spam and it works like this:

The dodgy SEO company offers to increase your (company) profile on the web, for a fee of course.
You pay them and all they do is spam forums with your name. (or possibly a link to your webpage - links often get recognised as spam so they've tended to stop doing that, but see below).
They then come back and say "Have a search and look how many hits you now get on Google/Yahoo/Bing/etc". - Pay us some more and we'll get you even more hits.
Usually the company paying does not realise that they are just paying someone to spam forums in their name.
(And if the guy who paid for it finds out he keeps it quiet from his bosses, so he doesn't look an idiot and get fired).

A refinement on this is what first alerted me to this practice, we were getting hundreds of new members each month who registered but never posted anything.
So of course they stayed under the moderation radar. (Apart from suspicious b####s like me).
Further investigation found that almost every one of these had a company weblink as their 'homepage', often the same company weblink for many different members.
They are not interested in anybody human seeing their spam, just so long as the search engine webcrawlers pick it up.

If you're a forum mod check your member list to see how many non-posting new members you have had in the last couple of years.

It's also why you sometimes get a spam post that is just 20 or 30 repetitions of the same weblink, so the webcrawlers will see them and count them.

Of course this doesn't improve anybodys actual ratings with the search engines, they got wise to the practice of multiple postings years ago.
But it does give them a lot of search 'hits' that they can point out to their customers when asking for more money.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• mta changed the title to what is black box testing

Is that the digital version of casing the neighborhood or sizing up the mark? :ph34r:  I heard some guy I know use those terms. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.