IE 7 Beta 2 and logins

Stephen

I downloaded and installed the IE 7 Beta 2. While it looks promising (catching up with Mozilla Firefox), there is one issue that is a pain. Everytime I reboot my computer, I have to re-login to forums - including this one. While it has saved my passwords, it is still a pain to have to re-login every time. Does anyone know if this will be changed in the final version? Is there a way to fix it in this beta version?

i have 6.0.2900..... and it saves all my passwords and automatically logs me in and keeps me logged in. i havent had to relogin anywhere in weeks. to do this, go to tools>internet options>content>auto complete. check all the boxes. if this doesnt work, try downloading the latest version of IE. (or at least 6.0.2900).

EDIT: i dont have the BETA version. maybe that could be the problem.

so, is 7BETA better? i might install that...

Other than the login issue, it's a big improvement over IE6. So far I like it overall a bit better than Firefox, though it's still early. I like the tab function in IE7 better than Firefox.

Better reserve a space in your thread for when it goes wrong

PPL JUS LIKE MAKIN FUN OF ME DONT THEY?!?! LMAO

NOTE:IM NOT REALLY SERIOUS, NOT MAD, NOT UPSET. JUST PLAYIN AROUND!

I downloaded and installed the IE 7 Beta 2. While it looks promising (catching up with Mozilla Firefox), there is one issue that is a pain. Everytime I reboot my computer, I have to re-login to forums - including this one. While it has saved my passwords, it is still a pain to have to re-login every time. Does anyone know if this will be changed in the final version? Is there a way to fix it in this beta version?

Unfortunately this is a common problem that has yet to be resolved. Have posted in the MS forums about it yet by any chance?

Other than the login issue, it's a big improvement over IE6. So far I like it overall a bit better than Firefox, though it's still early. I like the tab function in IE7 better than Firefox.

Just curious, why you like the tab function better in IE7 than in Firefox?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Can you drag and drop tabs like in Firefox?

What do you mean by drag and drop tabs in FF? :P Sorry, I just don't understand the question.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

i use IE7 as a secondary or even third browser, but the text seems smudged and i cant use it for too long as the lack of clarity gives me a headache, so ill stay with firefox. Anyone else think this? or is there a way in which you can improve the quality of the text?

What do you mean by drag and drop tabs in FF? :P Sorry, I just don't understand the question.

In FF 1.5 you can rearrange tabs by dragging & dropping them into different positions. Don't tell me you don't use this feature :blink:

you're still using a beta version of the final version of IE7. thats what the reason why you cant automatically log in.

• 2 weeks later...
Everytime I reboot my computer, I have to re-login to forums - including this one. While it has saved my passwords, it is still a pain to have to re-login every time.

I had similar problem. If you use CCleaner, try unchecking "Delete index.dat files".