When updating my antivirus program indicates bad website

beermug

I have been using the free version of C-Cleaner for years. Usually i download updates via www.piriform.com, however when i tried that, the file available for download is setup539, not the current version.

So i selected the default website indicated for downloading the free version which is, "www.filehippo.com". When my pc started to download the new version v5.41.6446 (13 Mar 2018), my McAfee antivirus stopped my download and warned me that the website was not safe. 

Will Piriform be updating their www.piriform.com download link, so that the new version can be downloaded safely? 

Attn Hazelnut. I went to the link that you provided, and still got same result. McAfee antivirus stopped me from downloading from the "builds" page.. I guess that  i will wait for the next update and try to download then. Thanks 

• Moderators

you could temporarily disable McAfee just while you download the file.
you know the site is trusted so all should be safe.

McAfee may be balking at the recent domain rename from piriform.com to ccleaner.com and any redirects or it could be the bundled offerings in the CC download.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Hmmm.... I see the latest SLIM version is now up on the Builds page.  But when I click on it, the download page briefly flashes, but then redirects to the main ccleaner page.  Didn't we have this problem a few months ago?  Seems familiar.

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

Weird huh.I still remember when they had a malware issue back in Sept 2017... I am going to wait until the next update is available and try to download then.

I always preferred to go to the piriform.com download page to get updates, instead of using the default via filehippo.com

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, beermug said:

I always preferred to go to the piriform.com download page to get updates, instead of using the default via filehippo.com

Just go the the Piriform page here to get it

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Yesterday i sent a message to McAfee Webscan referring to the redirect of the download access to ccleaner.com and filehippo.com

Later that day i was able to successfully download the latest version via filehippo,com link. Thanks to "mta" in particular, and to "hazelnut", and "nikki605", for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated. Have a great day! :)